macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Sahawee
    Note repeat just a lilttle off...
    I am using logicpro 9 with an akai mpk25.. I have configured the board to control logic's sequencer through mtc & mmc.. For example, if I'm playing a 4 beat cycle and I want to play my hi-hats using my note repeat (1/16 notes). When I hold the key down. It's just a little off.. I'm using a macbookpro 2.4 ghz wit 4 gb of ram.. Does the latency in preferences have anything to do with this. I'm new to logic but I am an extremely fast learner ..
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Note repeat just a lilttle off...
    Hi & welcome to the forums! First, I think your post/thread may not appear correctly in the Logic forum because you have not specified a forum alias (name) for yourself. Please log-in and on the right side of the page click on 'Forum Settings'. Under the Forum Settings section type in any name under 'Forum Alias'. Thanks! --- Yes, it could be down to latency (the time between you trigger a note or play a sound into Logic and the time it takes to be processed by Logic and for you to monitor it back (hear it). In Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio you can adjust the I/O Buffer size. A smaller amount will produce less latency but place more strain on your Macs CPU. Find a setting that works for you... Somewhere between 64-128 should be fine. Otherwise this may simply be that you're triggering notes slightly off the measure. In which case, click on the Arrange background to select nothing. In the Inspector you'll see an area called MIDI-Thru. Set the Quantize value to 1/16. Now when you record the notes will be non-destructively quantized to every 1/16. Hope that helps :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: