macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jihyzoo
    Mapped Instrument & Reason
    Ciao,, I'm trying to figurate out how to connect multiple Redrum in the environment so that I can trigger them using just one Hyper editor for the different channels. Is that possible?? Thank you cheers enzo
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Mapped Instrument & Reason...
    Hi Enzo, Welcome to the forums :) I'm not very experienced with Rewire, but can you explain what steps you have taken so far... and what issues you have run in to. Thanks Rounik
  • Jihyzoo
    Hi Rounik,, I really appreciate what you guys do to help other people. So what I'm trying to do is to map let's say two redrums so that I can program each individual hit in the hyper editor,(in one midi region) same as Steve did in the 303 TNT series but with one more instrument involved. I've created a new layer called Reason where the two external instruments(Redrum) resides. Than I have created a mapped instrument with a relative track that is connected to both redrums but that doesn't work, cause I can trigger only one redrum,so I thought that I need a Multi Instrument object, but this way I trigger both redrums at the same time,,I've also tried to use a transformer to do the trick but I'm not so much expert,,By the way the pattern on the redrum are from C1 to A1, C2 to E3 mute the channels and C4 to E5 solo them. Maybe what I'm trying to do is just good to stress my mind ,lol. If you don't like rewire you can try to solve the enigma using Ultrabeat just for the purpose. Two Ultrabeat that you can program in one Hyper editor. I'm just curious to know if it's achievable, (thanks to the power of the environment) if not I will be fine anyway ;) Thank you
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi enzo, Please excuse the late reply. I don't think it's possible to do this. Bear in mind that the Hyper Editor simply displays and edits the contents of one MIDI region. If you DON'T want to trigger both redrums using one MIDI region then will need two Hyper Editors open connected to their respective MIDI regions. You can do this by opening Two Hyper Editors make sure each one is connected to their own MIDI region, then turn off Content Link. Position them on the screen as desired and you can create hits for both redrums in their respective Hyper Editors. Hope that helps :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: