macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Linubaa
    On Mastering
    Haven't been to these forums in awhile, so apologies if this has been covered a lot. Steve, in your wonderful Logic's Mastering Tool Kit course, I noticed you used an already-bounced mix rather than a project with all the separate tracks present. Is that your preferred way to work, mastering from a project bounced to a single audio track? And if so, what would would you say is the advantage of working this way? Have I been making things harder for myself by trying to master 20+ track projects? Thanks again for the course BTW, I am now MUCH happier with my newer tracks, and you made the process relatively painless and simpler than I expected. Love that MultiPressor! * solo *
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: On Mastering
    Hi solo, My 0.02$ on this: After arranging your song comes the Mixing stage... which involves working with each track's levels, compression, eq, reverb, etc... and adding automation to give the song... well a good mix ;-) Once you're happy with the Mix, then bouncing to a single audio file means you can visually see and hear just the combined mix that you now wish to master. In the Mastering stage you won't need to adjust individual track levels etc. That should all be done and dusted while Mixing. So in Mastering you're concentrating on that final sheen and loudness to create a radio/CD/iTunes friendly version... Hope that helps Rounik
  • steveH
    Re: On Mastering
    Thanks Rounik for answering exactly how I would!!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: