macProVideo.com
Forums
  • blkbrd57
    Random Quantize
    Is ther a way to randomize the quantize in piano roll. I have a sequence file i downloaded that I would like you humanize a bit. Thanks for your help!
  • JamieInNC
    Re: Random Quantize
    Perhaps I'm missing the question, but I think you can humanize the notes by clicking Functions>Transform>Humanize from within the piano-roll pane menu. The transform window will appear and you can set your own preferences for the amount it moves by fooling with the numbers in the "position" column. The (. . . 10) figure being manipulated to say, (. 1 1 0) can yield some pretty wild results. To read this correctly, the first would be a +/- random shift of up to 10 ticks, whereas the second example would randomly shift your note position by up to one beat and a subdivision. (Bar Beat Subdivision Ticks) So I'd say tailor that entry in the transform window to your liking and see what you get. Humanizing position by any more than 75-100 ticks or so within the transform window really makes the music sound drunk, unless of course that's what you want. More than that and you start getting into Aleatoric-styled music, which can be quite fun under the correct circumstances. Hope this is what you were after! Jamie
  • blkbrd57
    I must be doing something wrong. When i mess around with the numbers under "position" I do not hear any change in the midi performance.
  • JamieInNC
    Ok. Make sure you have selected the region you want to quantize. Then open the piano-roll. When you do this, be sure to click-drag and select the specific notes in the piano-roll on which you want to perform the operation. After selecting the notes, then follow the path I provided above. See if that works. Jamie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: