macProVideo.com
Forums
  • sax_man
    Burning to CD from Logic Pro
    I am familiar with Garage Band but I am a completely new user of Logic. I realize this may be a dumb question, but I cannot seem to find a way of burning my completed project to CD. This is very easy to do in Garage Band, (simply go to Share, and then Burn Song To CD) but I am having no luck in working out how to do this in Logic.
  • Bj
    Re: Burning to CD from Logic Pro
    Hi Sax Man, What you are looking for is BOUNCE... Cheers, Bj
  • sax_man
    Thanks Bj!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey guys, Bj is correct of course! ;-) I'd also add that if you wish to bounce multiple projects to CD then Logic Pro (Studio) comes with Waveburner, which is a mastering and red-book compatible CD burning app. Definitely worth checking out when you wish to create a CD of multiple songs. :) Rounik
  • benjamin
    I used Bounce to convert my project into m4a file. However, I found that the overall output (sound volume) is far too low even though I boost it up in iTunes. How can I boost the output so that it sounds like files imported from CD in iTunes?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Benjamin, You're not alone in your question! Think of the process of creating music in Logic like this: 1. Recording / Creating 2. Arranging 3. Mixing (to create balance and space and depth and interest) 4. Mastering (to basically get your song louder and give it a final sheen). Many people send off their finished mixes to a Mastering Engineer to get professional results, but you can achieve a lot using just Logic. The art of Mastering is very much an art and a science... So I could say, slap a Compressor and Adlimiter on your Stereo Output channel strip to make it louder. This would be a good start but I'd really recommend checking out Steve H's Logic's Mastering Toolbox tutorial: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic401[/url] The info and demonstration in there (IMHO) is priceless. Let us know if you need any further help. :) Rounik
  • benjamin
    Rounik, Many thanks! I'm just wondering if I just use all the sound library for creating project will get result as good as in big studio? Is there any tutorial for Logic mixing technique, too? Any bundle ? Benjamin
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Benjamin, I don't know what you mean by 'using all the sound library'... I assume you mean using only Logic's built-in instruments and effects? It depends on the type of music you are making. There are some very good third party instruments and effects available. Many of these are used by Pro Studios. Other Pro Studio use these and a combination of hardware too. However, the plugins and sounds in Logic are very very good... and it's possible to get close to the Studio sound. So it depends on how you use them and the quality of your mixing and mastering skills. Even though you can Master in Logic, a Pro Mastering engineer withe good experience, a good ear and equipment and a sound treated room is priceless. Yes! There are two really good mixing tutorials available specifically for Logic: If you want to create your own bundle, it sounds like you may be interested in the 5x 400 range of Logic tutorials. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/bundlebuilder/?bc=1&action=add&type=preset&id=52[/url] Hope that helps, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: