macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MACKTHEPLATE
    which tutorials for new user to Logic 9
    I am looking for recommendations for (say) the first 3 tutorials I should study for Logic 9. I know they are titled 101, 102 etc. but it seems there is a massive jump from logic 8 101 (and the free Logic 9 download), to any of the other tutorials I can find. I have bought several of the others but they all seem much more advanced to me and leave me lost and frustrated. Am I missing some intermediate tutorials that would get me over this hump?
  • JamieInNC
    Re: which tutorials for new user t...
    If you are new to the program, I would strongly suggest Core Logic first. It is quite long, but there isn't much that Martin misses to get you up and running quickly and with confidence. I watched that after I had learned lots of basics myself, and found it to be extremely helpful. With this tutorial and all the other's I've seen (I've viewed ALL of the videos except Steve's Mastering course), I find myself often saying, "Oh, THAT'S how you do that?!?"
  • MACKTHEPLATE
    Thanks very much JamieInNC. I think Core Logic that you mention is the same as the one I refer to in my post as "Logic 8 101". Am I mistaken in this? In the MPVideo list of tutorials I could only find this one, which I already have and really like. I wonder if there is another tutorial simply called "Core Logic" as you mention, or are we talking about the same tutorial. The one I am referring to is also by Martin. Am I missing some basic piece here, and sorry to be sounding like a total idiot.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Macktheplate Yes, the Core Logic is the Logic 101. I would like to ask what area of Logic you wish to learn about next? For example depending on the type of music you make you wish to learn about Logic 104 Flex Time, or the 102 - Exploring the EXS24. The 201 - Steve H's Logic Masterclass is amazing and very good if you work with MIDI and want to understand beat mapping and more about the Transform window. The tutorials series go up in numbers: 100 series are beginner to intermediate, 200 are next, 300 are next, 400 etc. So, if you're interested in understanding Ultrabeat, ES2, Sculpture then the relevant 200 series tutorials would be a good place for you to continue. You may wish to learn more about Mixing or Mastering, in which case check out the 400 series tutorials. Hope that helps, Rounik
  • MACKTHEPLATE
    Hello Rounik: thank you very much for that very clear and comprehensive answer. I will explore it from there. I already have several of the more advanced tutorials and will continue with them. I had hoped there was more ' general basics' stuff like on Martin's Core Logic 101, but I guess not. It seems to be the only 101 Logic on the list. I'd better start moving on and working up!!! Thanks again Macktheplate.
  • Rounik Admin
    My pleasure Mactheplate! I'd suggest the 201... and the Flex Time Editing as you're using Logic 9 and if you want to stretch / compress audio, or manuipulate the timing of audio in any way this is a great tut. Pop back whenever if you need any more help! Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: