macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wipavue
    What's the ETA for the rest of Logic 405?
    Thanks, Glenn
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: What's the ETA for the re...
    Hi Glenn, Happy New Year to you! I'll see what I can find out ... :) Rounik
  • Wipavue
    And a Bonne Annee to you, too! Thanks, Glenn
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks Glenn :) Looks like we should have the 405 ready in a couple of weeks. NAMM is just round the corner soonish after NAMM is our aim. Thanks! Rounik
  • Wipavue
    It's now a couple of weeks. Any update on the tutorial? Thanks, Glenn
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Glenn, It's nearing the end of the production process... but I don't have a definite ETA yet. All I know is it should be very soon! Best Rounik
  • Wipavue
    You know, This tutorial has been for sale since when, autumn? We're approaching February, and though I've laid my money down for the entire tut, I haven't received it in its entirety. Does that seem reasonable to you? I don't get paid for work I haven't done yet. If I make another purchase from you, the entire tutorial will have to be available. I really find some of MPV's business practices questionable. Cheers, Glenn
  • JamieInNC
    C'mon, Glenn. Let's give the guys a break. Considering my day job as a college professor in music, and I can safely say that GOOD teachers do a great amount of preparation to ensure that their students get the most complete, quality-saturated instruction possible. I don't think it's any different with the folks at MPV, and certainly not anything to do with "business practices." In addition to the type of instruction you're getting with the tutorials, you have to consider the fact that lots of production work goes into them from and audio/visual standpoint. I use powerpoint presentations in each of my History of Rock Music and Music Appreciation classes, and can honestly say that 4-5 hours of work is put into each one when you include the research, organization, and construction of the slides, complete with linked audio files, videos, and slide animation to make it look and sound pretty. Consider the other important fact that Steve has recruited someone outside of MPV to handle the series, giving us a viewpoint from someone who does THIS as their day job. Allow me to project my professional experience here by saying that sometimes, professionals are NOT the best at explaining basic/intermediate concepts about things they do almost instinctively day-to-day in their own studios. Nigel might not have the "instructors touch" when it comes to breaking down the things he does automatically. In other words, Nigel might need lots of editing and "help" from the guys at MPV in explaining what needs to be explained. It doesn't mean he is less than excellent at what he does. It's just that some people simply don't "have it" when asked to explain how they perform certain tasks in Logic. Who knows? It's tantamount to asking Jimi Hendrix or Vladimir Horowitz how they were able to do what they did on the guitar or piano, respectively. I imagine they'd say, "Just do it!" This is the extent of their instructional talent, so to speak. The reason why I am responding in this way is because with the tutorials from Steve, Martin, Rounik, et cetera, I rarely find myself asking questions like, "Whoa, what'd he just do there?" or "Wait, how'd he get that?" With the DnB and Olav's Electronica tutorials, I had many more questions of this sort which leads me to believe they are NOT instructors for a reason. I would just say that there is obviously a LOT of work that is put into these videos for us to learn from and if it takes a while longer to get quality, it's probably worth the wait. Just my $0.02... Jamie
  • Wipavue
    Point taken, however; my point is as valid; I don't get paid for work I haven't done yet. Most people don't. This has been 'in the works' for months now, and, when I ask a reasonable question, I get a vague answer. I really think that, unless the tut is advertised as coming in segments like the tips and tricks tuts, it shouldn't be released until it is ready for prime time. Cheers, Glenn
  • vnl
    I bought 405 and 406 at the same time as they were announced with some bundle sale on them. At that time there were no lessons ready, soon after first few chapters from both went online and I was expecting 405 to be promptly finished unlike 406 that made clear it will be releasing material on monthly basis... Well, two months later - 406 well done keeping the brilliance of MPV tutorials I am used to and 405 nowhere to be seen - so I am with Glenn on this one. I understand that deadlines can slip, it was a christmas time etc... but I would appreciate maybe an email or a post on this forum that we will have to wait a little bit longer. I hope all that extra time will be seen in the quality of the release! .-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: