macProVideo.com
Forums
  • the dim(e)
    Moving files
    Hi, I recently moved all my logic files e.g exs factory samples/channel strip settings onto an external hardrive (due to limited space on macbook) and have gone back to use logics synths but all the patches are gone. I have moved the files back onto my desktop but am unsure how to get logic to register them again? I can manually load the sounds in but it would take a while to load them all in! cheers Tom
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Moving files
    Hi Tom make sure Logic is closed then place them back to their original location(s). Now launch Logic and they should be visible in the EXS24. When you say patches for all Logic's synth... do you mean presets for the synths and effects? The preset files are actually incredibley small... and could have been left on your desktop... check that everything is definitely in it's default / original location at it should be recognized by Logic. :) Rounik
  • the dim(e)
    Ta for getting back! I cant remember the original default location they were in. I had stopped using logic for a while and comp was full i moved everything to sit on the external hardrive. Yeah its the presets for the synths and effects. Everything is currently sitting in a folder on the desktop. cheers Tom
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tom, Channel strip settings and plug-in settings and sampler instruments go into the relevant folders in: Users/Library/Application Support/Logic/ Factory loaded versions of the above go in: HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/ Let me know if you need any further help. :) Rounik
  • the dim(e)
    Sorted! Many thanks Rounik :)
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Tom :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: