macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Christian L
    Logic 9.1 is released!
    Logic Pro 9.1 Update This update delivers improved compatibility and numerous fixes. Issues addressed include: Support for 64-bit native mode Compatibility with 64-bit Audio Unit plug-ins File names with over 32 characters are now supported Samples are now mapped correctly when using the "Contiguous Zones" option in the EXS editor Updated System Requirements 32-bit mode requires Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later 64-bit mode requires Mac OS X 10.6.2 or later The update is recommended for all users of Logic Pro 9. For detailed information on this update, including some restrictions when working in 64-bit mode, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2565 Christian
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic 9.1 is released!
    oh man - you beat me to it! : -) Happy days! working well here so far. Yet to try it in SL...
  • Christian L
    A few features are not currently available when using Logic Pro 9.1 in 64-bit mode. Firewire streaming of video Digital Cinema Desktop AAF import and export EuCon control surface support Automap of parameters with control surfaces OMF import and export Conversion to MP3 Recycle (REX) file support ReWire support Vienna Symphonic Library Tool Logic Node processing AKAI format sample import http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3171
  • Christian L
    To make it run in 64 bit, you actually need to select the Logic Pro icon in the Finder, choose File > Get Info and uncheck "Open in 32-bit mode". Christian
  • Hizegau
    I have been able to get the Vienna Ensemble Pro to work in 64bit. Amazing!
  • JamieInNC
    Christian or Rounik, I now have 2 icons in my finder for Logic Pro, Logic Node, and MainStage as well. Since I am relatively new as an Apple user with such large programs, is this a common occurrence? I assume I should remove the current link on my dock and replace it with the new version. Sorry if this is noobish but it just seems odd to me to have two icons in my finder for two separate versions of the same program, especially when they are close to a GB each! Thanks! Jamie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jamie, This is relatively new practice for Apple / Logic. In the old days (!) major Logic updates used to write directly over the previous version. Now it seems that Apple make it easier to roll back to a previous version. For example I now have three Logic apps in my Application folder: 8, 9.0.2 and 9.1. If you wish you can delete the older version. Personally, I'd keep a backup of it and use it needs be. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: