macProVideo.com
Forums
  • the dim(e)
    Audio File query
    Hi Guys, I was wondering is there somewhere on the mac that stores all your deleted audio files from previous sessions? I seem to remember on one of the ned tutorials this being mentioned......my start up disk is almost full and I cannot work how??? i really don't have much on it apart from Logic cheers Tom
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Audio File query
    Hi Tom, Working with audio or video can quickly fill up your hard drive! You can either manually go through your project folders and in the Audio Files sub folder you'll find the files in that project. You can open the Logic project and in the Bin choose Edit > Select Unused. Then choose Audio File > Delete File(s) if you wish to. However, I would ALWAYS recommend backing up your projects to an external drive first!!! Either use time machine or just copy the project folders to the external drive. You might also want to check that you're not saving ALL the assets to every project. i.e. In the Save As... dialog you can choose to save assets. Great idea to save external audio files to the project folder... but unless you're sharing your project with a collaborator or a studio who need them, untick 'copy exs instruments /ultrabeat samples to project folder'. This can save a lot of space! btw, this is covered in the Logic 101 if I remember correctly. Cheers! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: