macProVideo.com
Forums
  • 2020digging
    How does one copy beats in the pattern grid?
    HI, I have been watching Ultrabeat unleashed and still can't figure out: How to copy the pattern and then select the grid beats say for 16 beats of a 32 beat grid. In other words rather than dragging the mid file onto the arrangement and editing beats this way I'd rather copy the pattern and then delete or add or change beat measures (say from 32 to 16). It would seem that Ultrabeat allows me to select individual beats and delete individual beats but is there a way to select all beats from beat 17 to 32 say? Just as one would by dragging across a number of beats and then copying them. thanks in advance
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How does one copy beats in the...
    Hi Studio 673, Have you checked out the Chapter on The Step Sequencer? Videos 20-25? If I understand your question, you want to duplicate a pattern within UB and edit that pattern by deleting the first 16 steps? Although you can create a selection area within UB as you can in Logic's Piano Roll you can try this. This is what I would do: 1. Select the Pattern you wish to copy. 2. Right-Click on the Pattern Selection menu and choose 'Copy'. 3. From the Pattern Selection Menu choose an empty pattern. Now right click on the pattern selection button and choose 'Paste'. 4. If you want to delete the first 16 steps, click hold on the first 'note' / 'trigger' and drag over the area you wish to delete. There is no way to copy sections of a pattern within UB... but personally for any in depth MIDI editing I'd import the pattern into Logic's Arrange area and use the Hyper Editor/Piano Roll or Event List. Hope that helps, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: