macProVideo.com
Forums
  • vnl
    Coldcut Loops Library Ã�Ã&A
    Hi, Just got this fantastically sounding Loopmasters Coldcut Science sample library but Logic is wrecking my head - Whenever I try to import loops it will import all of them but only shows fourty something in the loops browser - I tried searching for them everywhere within the loops browser but no luck, when I try to add them again logic says it has them already. I tried to convert them with apple loops utility but got the same result again. When I try to play them in the browser everything is fine... I wonder if logic is hiding more loops from other libraries as well... Any Ideas? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Coldcut Loops Library Ã...
    Hi vnl, What file type are the loops? Are they all in Apple Loop Format? Or simply AIff or Wave files? What sample rate are they? If you drag the loops into your Audio Bin you can find out this info. In the Loop Library are you 'showing' the entire library or have you selected the 'Coldcut Science' library? :) Rounik
  • vnl
    They are regular wav files 16/44.1, in the loop library I tried everything even searching names of the loops logic told me I do not have to import because they are already in the database and search came up with nothing...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi! I've never tried adding wave files to the Apple Loops Browser/Library... Wav files are NOT Apple Loops... Apple Loops are always either aiff or CAF files. I'd recommend converting the files to AIFF first. Then dragging those files into the Loop Browser. A quick an easy way to convert multiple files to a new format is to use the application 'Compressor' which comes as part of Logic Studio. Or you could import all the files into a Logic project's Bin, select them all and choose the Copy/Convert option and set them to aiff or caf. Let me know if this helps.. Rounik
  • vnl
    I did convertred them to aiff in Apple loops utility with very same result as original wav files. Will try .Caf from Compressor though...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi vnl, OK. So even though you've converted them into Apple Loops using the ALU and dragged those loops (folder) onto the Loops Browser in Logic they are not showing up... strange. Have you tried rebuilding the Loop index? Here's a decent support article on how to do that: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3443[/url] Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: