macProVideo.com
Forums
  • fuzzyness
    How do I clear the pattern menu in Ultrabeat?
    Hi - I recently bought Steve's Ultrabeat Unleashed tutorial and love it. I'm following the tutorial and trying to create and save patterns. In the tutorial, Steve creates a sequence and stores it in the pattern currently selected in the pattern menu dropdown - for example number 1 (out of the 24). he also copies and pastes sequences to new numbers. I understand all this, but what I'm seeing is not what is in the tutorial. Basically, each time I instantiate Ultrabeat on a track, the dropdown pattern menu is filled with what I can only describe as gobbledygook. And what's more, the gobbledygook is different each and every time I instantiate UB on a different track. To provide examples: I just created a new instance of UB. Here is a screenshot of the pattern menu: [i]No matter if I save my images as gif, jpg or png I get a message that it's an invalid file type, so I've had to just give the image URLs here instead.[/i] http://definitiondesign.co.uk/logic/1.gif I then created a new instance. Here's the screenshot. You'll notice in this one that patterns 1, 2 and 3 are even grayed out, so I can't choose them anyway! http://definitiondesign.co.uk/logic/2.gif I asked a friend of mine who also has Logic what he sees, he sent me the following screenshot (which looks just like the tutorial): http://definitiondesign.co.uk/logic/3.gif So I'm obviously doing something wrong. I've tried choosing each pattern, ctrl-clicking and choosing 'clear' for each one, but nothing happens, the menu still looks the same. I've manually cleared all pattern information but still nothing changes. I know I'm missing something very obvious, but at the moment it's proving a real stumbling block. Any help appreciated. I'm running Logic 8 on Snow Leopard 10.6.2. Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How do I clear the pattern men...
    Hi fuzzyness, Welcome to the forums! It seems to be a bug with Logic 8 and Snow leopard (10.6.x) I've seen one other report of this issue before, but have not seen yet that there is a fix for it. In order to post pictures you need to follow the steps for uploading images here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=15243[/url] A sticky for this used to be at the top of the Logic forums.. ooops must've removed it by mistake... Anyway, here is the picture in case anyone else has the same issue: [img]http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8962/picture3ajh.png[/img] Do you have the latest version of Logic Pro 8? What Mac are you using? Is your friend using Logic 9? Can you still select patterns in UB despite the graphical glitches in the menu? Cheers Rounik
  • fuzzyness
    Hi Rounik - thanks for the speedy reply! It's great to know that it's a bug and it's not supposed to look like that. I was imagining that all the characters there were intentionally there as part of some complex pattern I was unaware of. Yes, I can create and select patterns despite the glitches (now I know that's what they are). I'm running the latest Logic 8 on a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo. My friend is indeed using Logic 9, I haven't upgraded yet. I'll be upgrading soon so I'm happy to accept the glitches and wait till the upgrade, I'm sure that'll sort it out. Many thanks again. Dave PS: I did host the files exactly as described in the sticky. I'm a web developer by day so hosting of files and converting file formats isn't a problem for me. No matter what I did I still got the invalid file format message. No matter! :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Dave, No problem! Good to hear you can still use the pattern selection menu despite the extra glitches... LOL. Would be an interesting interface design if they really were intended to be part of the menu. :) Strange about not being able to upload pictures - did you click on 'Add Link' or 'Add Image' button below the Reply text field area? I'll have to take another look at what format works for me... usually I just use simple png's created from OS level screenshots. Thanks for the headsup on this :) Cheers Rounik
  • fuzzyness
    Yes, I just hit the 'Add Image' button underneath the text box, pasted in the URL to the image on my server (the same one I plain pasted into the message in the end). It was just an OSX native screenshot png, though I did also convert it then to gif and jpg in an attempt to get rid of the error message. But yes, a heads up I guess. I managed to get my message across :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: