macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Darren
    Sample catalogue library ?
    Hi can anyone recommend a piece of software for the mac that will search local and networked hard drives for .wav, .aiff and similar files, and build a catalogue of them while not moving the actual files. It would be nice to be able to preview them too. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Sample catalogue library ?
    Hi Darren, A cheap option: iTunes: In iTunes pref's under the Advanced Tab uncheck the 'Copy Files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library'... It would require you to search for all the audio files on your HD.... but you can use Spotlight to do this fairly quickly. ---- Less cheap option (but looks sooo cool): AudioFinder: [url]http://www.icedaudio.com/[/url] It still doesn't have complete integration with Logic... I really wish Apple would work with them on that... but check it out. Might be overkill for what you want and it's more of a sound browser than cataloguer I feel. Still these are two good options. Rounik
  • Darren
    Thanks Rounik. I had a look at Audio finder, but as you say it is more of a browser. I had resisted using iTunes because I was just using it for music. But I gave it a go and I have to say it is doing a pretty good job. I made a quick automator script to append "_vox" to the end of all my vocal samples before importing them into I tunes. This allows me to sort files using smart play lists. Cheers Darren.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Darren, Great idea to use Automator and Smart playlists with iTunes to catalog your samples. Glad this works for you :) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: