macProVideo.com
Forums
  • blkbrd57
    Panning issue while bouncing to MP3
    I am mixing some sequences for a local band to use for live performance. The idea is to have a click track panned left & the rest of the tracks panned right for FOH. My mix in Logic sounds fine,but when I bounce to MP3 I HEAR THE CLICK TRACK on the RIGHT along with the FOH mix! What could be happening during Bounce function that would change my mix? Please help the show is TONIGHT!! Blkbrd
  • JamieInNC
    Re: Panning issue while bouncing t...
    Not sure if this helps, blkbrd. Hopefully Rounik or Steve will be on soon and they can help more. Is the click track stereo or mono? Do you have a direction spreader somewhere that might be affecting it? Is there some mistaken automation on the click track hiding somewhere? Are you bussing that signal to another channel strip for any reason? If it is really an issue and you've checked all these things, I'm thinking you could quickly work around this by bouncing just the AUDIO that belongs on the right to a file. Bounce the click track separately to another audio file. Simply open a new project and import both audio files, and confirm or reset the pan parameters from there in the mixer. After you are happy with the mix/master, then bounce that project to MP3 and see if that solved the problem. Jamie
  • Rounik Admin
    I'd recommend trying out what Jamie suggests. Out of interest, if you bounce direct to Aiff instead of mp3 do you have the same panning issue? Also good to note that the pan pot on stereo tracks is not a pan pot... but a balance knob. Use the Direction Mixer plug-in on a channel to get a 'true' pan. :) Rounik
  • blkbrd57
    First of all, THANK YOU for your quick responses. I tried Jamie's suggestion and it worked great. I was using the pan pot on my stereo tracks. (The click is a stereo track as well) So I am going to try using the direction mixer. Thanks again!! You guys are the best!
  • JamieInNC
    Great! Glad it worked! Now you have some worry-free time to catch a nap and some dinner before the show! Jamie
  • blkbrd57
    Jamie, I can still hear the click track. I did what you suggested. I bounce the click & audio to 2 seperate tracks. I panned L & R. Playback sounds perfect, there is NO bleed. I bounce that 2 tracks to MP3. When I playback you can faintly hear bleed. I cannot figure this out. It has to be something in my bounce settings??
  • Rounik Admin
    could be something to do with mp3 conversion. I;ve just tried it here and there is the faintest... I mean faintest of bleeds - only slight distortion on the click... more down to mp3 format itself. How are you playing it back in the Finder in iTunes in Quicktime? If using Logic make sure you switch off the metronome ;-) I would try exporting the file to aiff and to mp3 and then comparing the two. Here are my steps: 1. Open the Mixer and click on the ALL Tab. 2. Control-click on the Metronome to take it out of Solo safe mode. 3. Pan the mono metronome all way to the left. 4. Pan other tracks full right. 5. Bounce offline to Aiff and mp3. Works fine. :) Rounik
  • blkbrd57
    The click track that I am using is an audio track of a cowbell that the drummer likes to hear during performances. I guess the part I am having trouble wrapping my head around is the fact that my bounce doesn't sound EXACTLY like my mix. What's the point of spending time on a mix and then when you bounce it logic just changes it. You would think this would be the most seamless part of the operation. I am very discouraged with this format now. Thanks Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    I have to say I have no issues with the bounce process itself. The issue I have (and have always had) is with the quality of the mp3 file format. Regardless of the cowbell being the metronome, if in Logic you mute the cowbell, can you hear the bleed of the cowbell at all? Have you tried outputting to aiff? Have you tried using iTunes to convert the aiff file to mp3 or apple lossless? Hope this helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: