macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Buying a mac?
    Glad to hear it 88keez! Sounds like a nice choice of system! Have you already got the Logic 9 101 tutorial? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101[/url] If not, I'd highly recommend it as a quick and easy way to get your 'head around the program'. Seriously, it would have saved me months of time if it had been there when I learned Logic many years back! There's some free videos you can check out here too: On Logic's new 64-bit capabilities: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic107[/url] Overview of Logic 9: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicfirstlook[/url] Designed for those switching from GB to Logic: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/GBLogic[/url] Of course, ask any questions at all here on the forums and you may be interested in checking out the new blog which is due to start featuring more Logic tips too: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/[/url] btw, I completely agree. There's plenty to learn in Logic... and you can always start adding more synths and effects to your setup once you get more familiar with your setup in Logic. Cheers Rounik
  • JamieInNC
    Great choice, 88! I love mine even more each day. So far, everything is about as smooth as a baby's bottom regarding plugs and internal operation. You'll be happy when you make the dive. I ordered mine on a Thursday and it arrived the next Monday. It was quite a nice surprise to get it so quickly. I got Trilian today. It's going to be the last thing I purchase for a while. I watched the tutorial and HAD to get it. The reason I did is because (even though I'm a pianist all the way) I honestly feel that the bass is the most ignored instrument in the music that I like to listen to and would ultimately like to compose. The attention that can be paid to that beautiful instrument within Trilian is really going to make it sound quite special when I get my mind wrapped around it. Great tutorial on that synth by the way! I don't know what Jonathan's deal is, but his voice is REALLY convincing. Hah! Jamie
  • 88keez
    Thanks for referring me to the tutorials Rounik. I took a quick look thru and will definitely find them useful when I get my iMac/Logic. There are definitely a lot of them. Do you recommend to just start at the beginning and go thru one at a time? I've used Cubase before so I'm familiar with some things (I think). Jamie, have you used any tutorials here that you found useful? I'll be ordering the Mac in early April when my schedule clears up. Too many things on the go right now, so I'm counting the days, but for now I'll just wade thru some tutorials to get my feet wet. Thanks, 88keez
  • JamieInNC
    88, Pretty much every tutorial I've seen has been helpful. I have exhausted all the logic videos and have been slowly working my way through the others. For example, I've watched the "Mixing in Pro Tools" for tips and tricks there, and have also seen the new ones they released for Trilian and Omnisphere. There are helpful videos everywhere, not just in the Logic folder. Check some of them out! Jamie
  • Rounik Admin
    Well, there's a few ways to take advantage of the tutorials: You can purchase a download version per tutorial (or create a bundle to save some dollars!)... which you can then view offline in NED on your Mac... or Subscribe to the Pro Sub offer. This gives you access to ALL tutorials on offer at macProVideo!.. yup, all the Logic, PT, Live, Cubase, Reason, iLife, Final Cut, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Spectrasonics, Kontakt, iWork, Adobe.... you name it! Basically, this allows you to watch any tutorial videos here through your web browser, online for a small monthly fee. But, Jamie... have you watched all the Logic 7 level tutorials as well? Wow. You have been busy! :) Rounik
  • amareddy
    Hi Rounik, If i buy imac 21.5, is it not good enough to operate logic studio 9. I'm a begginer.I'll upgrade to 8gb ram, but i can't afford for an imac 27 . I just read all the post here, it was very helpful for me. In logic studio there is enough sounds so do i need to buy more sounds ? I did a Dj course n now i want to make my own mixes n new house tracks. My budget is 2.5k.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi amareddy, Welcome to the macProVideo forums! An iMac 21.5" should be fine to run Logic Studio. There are many ways to work efficiently in Logic Studio. Some people who need 3rd party sample libraries for film scoring etc will find they need a lot of ram and a more powerful Mac. For the average user, an Imac is more than capable and should you ever reach your Mac's limit, it's very simple to freeze tracks and conserve CPU. Ram helps with running instruments and samples and effects. 4GB would be fine to start with and then in time you can buy the upgrade to 8GB. Logic Studio comes with about 47GB of content.... lots and lots and lots of loops, presets, instruments and effects. Some time after you begin using Logic you may wish to get different instruments or effects... it's completely up to you and how you feel. Hope that helps Rounik
  • amareddy
    Thanks Rounik for the info. I'm thinking to go for all the Logic studio 9 tutorials. Amar Reddy
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Amar! I can't help but agree with you! The tutorials here for Logic (and other apps of course) are really essential IMHO. If you're thinking of getting many tutorials it may be a better idea to subscribe rather than download... Here's the difference: Subscription: - watch online in your browser 24/7 - can access ALL tutorials in our library - pay monthly subscription fee - cancel anytime Download: - Download individual HD video tutorials - keep them for life and playback through our Tutorial download and playback system, NED. btw, if you have an iPhone or iPodtouch, you can access your purchased tutorials and/or subscription service for free on your device using NEDi. Hope that helps Rounik
  • amareddy
    Dear Rounik, Thanks for the reply. Here in India the internet speed is slow and if I want to go for higher speed than its expensive. So I would rather go for the downloads. I have decided to buy imac 21.5 with 8 gb ram + Apple protection plan 3yrs. :) Regards Amar Reddy
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: