macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SoniaT
    Unwanted key change
    Hello, Please help! I'm currently recording tracks using Logic Pro 8 on a Mac OSX 10.5.8, 2GB, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor. When the tracks utilizing software instruments are record enabled, they play out of tune, whether I'm recording or just listening. What would cause this? Sonia
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Unwanted key change
    Hi Sonia, Which instruments are these and what MIDI Input method are you using? Does this happen in a brand new empty project? If you select the regions of the track at look at the Region Inspector, is the transposition value set to 0? Is the Transposition Global Track set to anything other than 0? In Settings > Tuning are the values set to anything other than 0? Let me know if this helps, Rounik
  • SoniaT
    Hi Rounik, Transpositions are set at 0, tuning value is 0 -everything else is grayed out in that box. I'm using studio horns EXS24, organ EVB3, muted guitar G4, orchestral strings, deep fried bass G4, American stack bass, to name a few. After deep frustration, I bounced all the tracks as audio files and created a new project. Things were working fine until I saved it...then the issues started happening all over again. Sonia
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Sonia, Can you remind me what version of Logic you are using, OSX and if you have any MIDI hardware connected to your Mac and what it is. Have you noticed any of the pitch or transposition parameters in any of the instruments (EXS24 etc) changing? Do you have any HyperDraw info written or track automation? If you open the Event List you should be able to easily see if a MIDI controller is sending phantom messages to Logic... Thanks Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    what settings are all grayed out by the way? :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: