macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cipofuo
    nrpn to cc
    Hello, im trying to create a mopho environment how can i use the nrpn message in logic. or convert this... best.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: nrpn to cc
    Hi! Is it possible to get the Mopho to send CC messages to Logic? If not then you could refer tot he monitor object in the Click and Ports layer and use tranformers to convert the different NRPN messages into your preferred CC messages. What kind of environment are you trying to make? What would you like the knobs on the Mopho to control in Logic? :) Rounik
  • Cipofuo
    hello, i create al CC# of mopho and no problem Parameter CC# Osc 1 Frequency 20 Osc 1 Freq Fine 21 Osc 1 Shape 22 Glide 1 23 Osc 2 Frequency 24 Osc 2 Freq Fine 25 Osc 2 Shape 26 Glide 2 27 Osc Mix 28 Noise Level 29 Sub Oscillator 1 30 Sub Oscillator 2 31 Filter Frequency 102 Resonance 103 Filter Key Amt 104 Filter Audio Mod 105 Filter Env Amt 106 Filter Env Vel Amt 107 Filter Delay 108 Filter Attack 109 Filter Decay 110 Filter Sustain 111 Additional Continuous Controllers (CCs) Transmitted/Received Parameter CC# Filter Release 112 VCA Level 113 Amp Env Amt 115 Amp Velocity Amt 116 Amp Delay 117 Amp Attack 118 Amp Decay 119 Amp Sustain 75 Amp Release 76 Env 3 Destination 85 Env 3 Amt 86 Env 3 Velocity Amt 87 Env 3 Delay 88 Env 3 Attack 89 Env 3 Decay 90 Env 3 Sustain 77 Env 3 Release 78 BPM 14 Clock Divide 15 but the rest are nrpn like LFOs and lot more and i dont know how to use nrpn in logic or convert with transformer, i try to make to editor, because the soundtower editor no works fine with logic. thanks again, sorry i cant explain better in english. http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/downloads/docs/Mopho_Manual_v.1.2.pdf page 35
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi According to the manual on PDF page 35 (shows page 30 on screen) : "MIDI Parameter Send: NRPN, CC, Off â Changes to the values of Mophoâs front panel controls are transmitted via MIDI as Non-registered Parameter Number (NRPN) controllers or as Continuous Controllers (CC). Transmission of parameters can also be turned off. " So in theory you can set the Mopho to send CC messages and not NRPN if you want. So this way you don't need to know how to convert NRPN in Logic's transformers. I don't believe Logic can read NRPN... not sure as I can't test this out. Does that help? Rounik
  • Cipofuo
    thank rounik, when i change to CC inside of mopho only send cc message, just send the ones I've already used the other not, are nrprn best.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi! Unfortunately I don't have any devices that output nrprn data so I feel unable to make any definite suggestions... In the clicks and ports level of the Environment when you move the desired knob on the Mopho what messages are sent from Mopho to Logic? (You should see some data coming in to the Monitor object or even in the Transport's MIDI In Display). If you can see a message then you can use a transformer in Logic to convert it to a CC of your choice. Another option... is it possible to learn assignments of Logic plugin parameters to those controls on the Mopho? Sorry I can't be of more help... Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: