macProVideo.com
Forums
  • tombos
    Using MainStage with a different user account
    When using MainStage with my own user-account iCal gives reminder-beeps and Apple Mail loads emails and gives acoustic signals as well. So far so good. But in live situations I don't want them to sound, of course. So I am thinking of creating a second user-account just for one purpose: to use MainStage in live-situations. Since Mainstage handles user files such as samples, patches, plug-in-settings in the users's library folder, the second user account can't find them. So I wonder if it's a good idea to save all of the MainStage data (patches, concerts, samples, plug-in settings, instruments, etc. - in other words EVERYTHING) to my main library folder. And furthermore I wonder if there will appear any problems causing to that modification. Will it still be possible to access all my sounds using logic? (I havent worked with yet) Thanks for your help.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Using MainStage with a differe...
    Hi tombos, Welcome to the forums :) So, for your own user templates, plug-in settings, instrument settings etc then you should be ok copying them to the second user account locations or the library folder... Personally I'd keep these important settings in the user locations which make it easy to keep track of and backup your important data/settings. but you know you can simply quit Mail and in iCal go to Preferences > Advanced and choose 'turn off all alarms' or 'turn off all alarms only when iCal is not open'. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: