macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ckolony
    Why doesn't snap to work in the sample editor?
    Im in Logic Expres 8. I'm editing a live guitar track in the sample editor. I'm trying to grab a 4 bar phrase and repeat it over and over in the song, however, the snap-to function isn't working. I have it all turned on the arranger window, and it works there, but I can't snap to a bar in the sample editor. This is really annoying because I can't grab an exact 4 bar phrase by hand. Any suggestions anyone?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Why doesn't snap to work ...
    Hi Ckolony Welcome to the forums! The Snap to feature in the Arrange doesn't work in the Sample Editor. The Sample Editor is designed for users to go deeper in at sample level and make adjustments. Although I agree it would be great to have a 'snap to' feature here, the sample editor is really about the editing the audio file and not just the region... I'd suggest the following: - Zoom in and adjust the selection. - Make sure 'Edit > Search Zero crossings' is off. This may result in pops and clicks if the selection begins/ends where the waveform doesn't meet 0. - In the Arrange area use the Marquee tool to select the 4 bar section and drag the marquee selection to copy that part of the region. You can then easily loop that region. Hope that helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: