macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Trigue
    A question about gate in Logic...
    Hi everyone, I have a question about making gated pads in Logic. Oks, I make such of gated pads with the help of the software synths from my collection. But some of them haven't appgreggios, gates and etc. So my question is there a plugin, who can do this in Logic? I remember, I saw it in Mac Pro video tutorials, but it was before a long time ago and at the moment is very hard to recheck all macprovideo tutorials again, they are too much... Please, need a little help.
  • JamieInNC
    Re: A question about gate in Logic...
    Trigue, To make a gated synth like the pre-sets have in the "Gated Synths" section of the library, I think you would need a few things to build it from the bottom up. First, a pad with a good amount of sustain or reverb. Second, a noise gate plug-in. Third, a silent track with a kick or snare drum that can trigger the noise gate, bussed to an Aux track. Place the noise gate on the Pad channel strip, and side chain it to the Aux track that your Kick or Snare is being sent to. Make sure the Original channel strip where your drum is located is set to "no output." Now set the level of the kick drum to a point where it will activate the noise gate and give you that effect! You may have to tweak the controls a bit to get the specific amount of gate to your liking. Once that's done you can then apply the appropriate EQ, reverb, delay...whatever other plug-in you think is necessary for the effect you desire. The same sort of gating effect could also be achieved by using an LFO in the synth you choose to produce the pad sound, but it doesn't quite have the same type of sound as gating makes. You could also simply use the "Space designer" plug-in to create neat gating effects, but that plug in is a bit high on the learning curve compared to other plug-ins Logic has. Try it! Hope this helps. Jamie
  • Rounik Admin
    There's only thing I can possibly add to this indepth reply by Jamie... If you already have Logic 202 tutorial, open NED and in the search field type: Gate NED will immediately show you the particular videos relating to the word 'Gate'. In fact you can do this on the tutorials page of the website too. very useful spotlight-esq functionality! :) Rounik
  • Trigue
    10x dude, this is exactly what I needed.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: