macProVideo.com
Forums
  • claudio zaniolo
    I need help with audio tracks
    I have logic pro 7 and have spent so much frustrating time trying to figure out this program which I do not find very user friendly for dorks like me,; especially when they send you a manual in german ! Could you please explain to me step by step, how I can add an extra audio track to my recording ? And why does track 1 record and play back just fine whereas track 2 records but does not play back ? I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out . Thank you claudio zaniolo switzerland
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: I need help with audio tracks
    Hi Claudio and welcome to the forums! As you're on Logic 7 there some big differences between Logic 9 and 7 when it comes to creating and managing tracks. I hope I can remember enough to help. We do also have the Mastering Logic 7 tutorial still available if you are interested: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/masteringLogic7[/url] which will get you up and running using Logic 7 in no time at all. It's important to understand the difference between channels and Tracks. A channel can have one input and output, but can have multiple tracks assigned to it. Make sure you have not created multiple audio tracks assigned to one channel strip as only one of these tracks can 'playback sound' at a time. I think the command you need to use to create a new independent track is Track > Create with next instrument. If you have an existing track in the Arrange that shares the same channel as another track then click-hold on the track and from the drop down menu assign it to an audio track not being currently used. Hope that helps. Rounik
  • claudio zaniolo
    Thank you very much Rounik for replying. I already did the things you mentioned but when I click on audio and then go down the drop menu, there are only 4 audio available (the ones being used ) whereasw if I do the same with the instrument track, it gives me a long list of available track numbers I can use. When I click on " create next instrument" it gives me an "AUX" track, and I can't seem to change it ! Do you have anymore tricks up your sleeve ? claudio
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Claudio, Yes... that because in Logic 7 and prior versions you needed to use the setup assistant to specify how many audio and audio instrument tracks you wanted your project to contain. I think if you open the Environment window you will be able to create new audio channels from the New> menu. I remember that all this (and much much more) is covered in the tutorial I linked to above. You can access it if you are a subscriber... in fact you can preview the first 10 videos of every tutorial by clicking on 'Launch player' - this may help you alot :) Of course, feel free to post back in the Logic forums regardless of whether you want to purchase the tutorial or not!... It's just that my brain cells are so much more focused on Logic 9 these days - I have forgotten many things about Logic 5, 6 and 7.. Best Rounik
  • claudio zaniolo
    Brain cells ? What are brain cells ? Oh those things I used to have many years ago! Thanks alot for your help....I actually got the thing working like you said! I appreciate it. claudio zaniolo switzerland
  • claudio zaniolo
    That dvd you were talking about....is it better that I buy the dvd or is it better to subscribe monthly ? I already bought a dvd from another company and was not impressed as it was very superficial and did'nt really explain well. From watching the demos of your company, they seem more detailed. What are your thoughts ? claudio
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi We don't supply tutorials on DVD anymore... Downloads must be played using NED: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/about[/url] The online Pro subscription service gives you access to ALL the tutorials offered here at macProVideo... I think if you are considering upgrading Logic or you are interested in learning more than just Logic then the subscription is great value for money. However, if you prefer not to watch online in your browser then HD downloads are great. You can download NED player and then download one of the free/demo tutorials to see how you like the system: [url]https://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/switchersGuides[/url] The tutorials here are extremely indepth in my opinion. I wish I had access to them when I was learning Logic 5 many years ago! Hope that helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: