macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Marcus Ano
    Easy way of creating tracks of post-effect waveforms?
    The excellent Logic 401 mastering toolkit tutorial uses waveforms to visually show A/B comparisons of pre versus post fx such as compression and limiting. Is there a quick way of doing this in Logic? The only way I can think of is to bounce the affected track and then import the bounced audio file to a new track. This can get tedious & I was hoping for a shortcut. Thanks!!! -m
  • Marcus Ano
    Re: Easy way of creating tracks of...
    I guess I should have thought about this a bit - putting the effects on the audio track (instead of the output) and then sending them to a bus on which will be the input on another audio track can do this. This is pretty easy!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Marcus, Another way in Logic 9, is to use the Bounce In Place feature which is literally one click and adds the bounced region to a new audio track in the Arrange and mutes/deletes the original as desired. You can also use a Bypass FX button to make it easier to A/B a channel with the effects on and off. I've uploaded a Mastering Bypass FX template here: [url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/kc8b0q[/url] The beauty of Logic is how it's possible to customise the workflow :) Best Rounik
  • Hizegau
    Two questions: (1) How did you program the messages from this fader button? (2) Is there a way to automate the messages from the FX bypass button? Thank you Rounik!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi mediacomp, The Bypass Button is actually a Macro. Resize it and unpack it & you'll see that the button sends a fader message F1 57 1 or 0 to toggle bypass the top insert on an audio channel strip. Each transformer then converts this to the next parameter (58, 59, 60, 61... etc) to toggle bypass every plugin on that channel strip. If you go to screenset 2 you'll see what messages the button sends in the Monitor. Yes, you can automate it. For any macro object you need to add a transformer outside the macro as shown in the project. The Transformer should be blank except the Mode must be set to Track Automation SPlitter (true -> top cable). Connect the macro out to the trnsfrmr and from there to the Channel strip. You could also assign a button/fader on a MIDI Controller to the bypass button on each plugin... Hope that helps Rounik p.s. you can download a slightly modified version here: [url]http://www.sendspace.com/file/f867o8[/url] :)
  • Hizegau
    I understand what the button sends, I am just curious where you found the button in the first place. Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:]I am just curious where you found the button in the first place.[/quote] Not sure I understand... I created the button in the Environment. Is that what you mean? R
  • Hizegau
    I am wondering how that particular Macro button was selected, I don't see where you found it in the environment fader/button menu.
  • Rounik Admin
    It really is a simple Fader Button: New > Fader > Button Resize it and after you cable it to wherever you want open the color palette and assign a color to it. :) Rounik
  • JamieInNC
    Rounik, How did you create that nice "window-full-o-buttons" I saw in the Environments thread? It doesn't look much like a regular macro, but like a Windows-based pane that has everything conveniently colored and placed within. I know I'm totally in the wrong thread for this, but wanted to ask you about that. It was that "Christmas gift" you left everyone in the environment thread... Jamie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: