macProVideo.com
Forums
  • David T
    Export audio to QT movie
    Hi all. I'm in the Logic 9.1 and I'm trying to export audio to a QT mov - which, I've always done by going to file > export audio to QT mov. However, for some reason in my menus, the option no longer exists. It doesn't exist as a KC and i can't find any reference to QT mov exporting in any menu! Where is it, or am i missing something? Best David T
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Export audio to QT movie
    Hi David, In Logic 9.1 do you not have this option in the File menu? [img]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4292/screenshot20100125at144.png[/img] Cheers Rounik
  • David T
    [img]http://img.skitch.com/20100125-1mw49a5w54yhurnsbf4b8hjce6.jpg [/img] hi Rounik. Nope - nothing in the menus - here's what the menu now looks like. Here's the inside of the export menu as well, although you'll have to forgive me as i havent used the "add image" function on MPV before! [img]http://img.skitch.com/20100125-m695rppe9kgm5gnppcsc66hxny.jpg[/img] Any ideas? David
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi David, Images came out perfectly. Thanks. OK. A couple of ideas. 1. Looks to me like you're not using Logic 9.1. Perhaps this is Logic 9.0.0 / 9.0.1 / 9.0.2 - I can't compare these right now... In the Logic Pro menu choose 'About Logic Pro'. does it say Logic 9.1? 2. It appears that you don't have a video file in the Logic project. In which case you need to add the movie file to the project so you can export the contents of your Arrange area to the movie file. Although the menu option for 'Export to Movie' should appear (albeit greyed out) on Logic 9.1 ... which makes me think it's a combination of both #1 and #2. :) Rounik
  • David T
    Hi Rounik. Nope - I'm definitely using a movie - I've done this literally hundreds of times. I've been working on this QT.mov in logic for months.... I'm definitely working in logic 9.1[img]http://img.skitch.com/20100125-dtemi6bum857ptqm6yirx1cwjk.jpg[/img] And i've quit, retried and opened more than one project... Any ideas? David
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi David, That's strange. From the screenshot you sent me there is no movie inspector in the project: [img]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/2945/screenshot20100125at152.png[/img] However, I do see that you are running Logic 9.1 in 64bit mode. This may explain a lot. Looks like, Quicktime may have some issues in 64 bit mode Logic. - Quit Logic - Select the Logic.app in the Applications folder - Press Command-I - Select 'Open in 32 bit mode' - Restart Logic Is it working now? Cheers Rounik btw, what version of Snow Leopard are you running? Have you installed Quick Time 7 in SL?
  • David T
    Hi Rounik. You'll have to trust me that there is a movie inspector and I'm experienced at that bit... HOWEVER... Open logic in 32bit and back it comes - export audio to movie appears in the menu. Open logic in 64 bit mode (QT 7 installed on Snow Leopard 10.62) and it's gone again. Bizarre - do you think it's a QT issue? If so, it's a biggie for film/TV guys - if i can't export to a film for quick checking by the director whilst opening 64 bit VSL files etc, there would be no point ever running in 64 bit mode! What do you think? David
  • Rounik Admin
    I think Quicktime is still going through a transition into 64bit... unfortunately. So, yes, I'd call that a 64 bit QT issue. I would say for the time being either: 1. bounce down to an audio file in 64bit, and either add the resulting audio file to the Video in QTPro... Very easy to do: - Select all the audio file's contents in QT 7 Pro - Copy -select the video and Edit > Add to Movie - save as a new self-contained movie. or 2. Bounce down to an audio file in 64bit and then reopen Logic in 32bit mode and export to movie. The second way may take longer. It reminds me of the bug back in 7.2.3 when export to movie was completely broken for almost a year or more. Cheers Rounik
  • David T
    Hi Rounik. Yes, it's an annoying problem. Question - If i want to do it in QT pro, and use the "add to movie function, can i get it to "overwrite" current audio, or is it an "add only" function? I eventually did it in imovie of all things! Next time I'll use one of your workarounds! Thanks for this. David
  • Rounik Admin
    Well, rather than iMovie - which is a perfectly viable solution, I'd use the following in the this order of preference: - Logic 9.1 32bit (if convenient) - QT Pro - quick and painless - Compressor - great and easy if you know how. A Gem of an app! QT Pro is an extremely powerful but underused application IMHO. Open a movie file in QTPro 7 and choose Window > Show Movie Properties (Command - J) from here you can extract, delete or simply enable/disable video and audio tracks in the movie file. Hope that helps, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: