macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kyrarii
    Thanks for 64-bit Logic Tutorials...what about 32-bit plugins?
    Thanks to Steve H. for the recent free tutorial about what 64-bit provides. Considering the fact that Stylus RMX is 64-bit ready (based on the video...am I correct?), I am curious to know what this means for 32-bit plugins. Can multiple instantiations of the same 32-bit plugin exceed the 4 GB limit? Can the use of *different* 32-bit plugins exceed the 4 GB limit?
  • Rilahiu
    Re: Thanks for 64-bit Logic Tutori...
    I downloaded the new tutorials, but I can't find them now. Where should I look? Logic 303: TNT2? Which month? I don't see any current month listed...Thanks for the help.
  • Kyrarii
    http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic107 It's a free online tutorial, not a paid downloadable tutorial.
  • JamieInNC
    Now that we have a 64-bit thread, I thought I might pose a question for the experts. I'm running 2GB of memory. Should I consider upgrading my RAM to 4GB if I wanted to use the 64-bit option? I tried running it on my current configuration and have lots of never-before-seen overload warnings. Seems like 4GB is the new minimum. Of course, the more serious I get about this the more I sway towards an i7-Quad with some 3rd-party RAM maxed out to 16 GB. I think THAT would last me a while. Jamie
  • Tinman
    I've got 4Gb of memory but the 64 bit option is limits my bounce options. When I bounce my song in 64 bit mode, the mp3 option is greyed out. This means that I am forced to use the PCM file option to play my song in iTunes and they can be very large files. When i switched back to 32 bit mode, the mp3 bounce option is available again.
  • Kyrarii
    [i]64 bit option is limits my bounce options. When I bounce my song in 64 bit mode, the mp3 option is greyed out...[/i] [b]This and other restrictions are listed in an Apple Knowledge Base article on the 9.1 update:[/b] [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3171[/url]
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Droo, The version of RMX Steve H was using is 64bit. Logic 9.1 in 64bit mode uses 32bit Audio Unit bridge to open 32 bit AU plugins. This is really an interim solution until all plugins are 64bit. AFAIK a 32 bit AU plugin in 64bit mode Logic will not be able to address more than 4GB ram and you'll only be able to display and edit one 32 bit plugin at a time. Actually, I just found the answers here: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3989[/url] in "Can I use my existing Audio Unit (AU) plug-ins in 64-bit mode?" :) Rounik
  • Kyrarii
    Thanks, Rounik. The FAQ you linked to answers a lot. In fact, it seems that it would be best at this time, at least for me, to stay in 32-bit.
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs Droo. Right now, aside from when I want to pile 10 instances of RMX in a project..(!), I'm fine with 32-bit mode until I get more than 4GB ram and all my plugins are fully 64-bit compatible. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: