macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zytecuu
    External Summing from Logic 8
    Top of the day, I'm looking for some advice. Here's the config. A 16 track project in Logic 8 > 16 tracks out to an Apogee DA-16X > 16 tracks out of the DA, (via DB-25) to an SSL X-Desk > 16 tracks summed to monitors. How in the world, can I get around Logic's insistence on summing the signals before it arrives at X-Desk? Thanks J.
  • steveH
    Re: External Summing from Logic 8
    Are the channels (or Auxs) outputted to different output channels?
  • Zytecuu
    S. At this stage, the environment is in it's default state, no aux, just 1 Out 1-2. Each of the 16 tracks w/in Logic are mono. J.
  • steveH
    You'll need to output Logic to independent output channels on your Apogee DA to get it to your board unsummed.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jeff, As Steve says it's important to route the output of each 'stem' to a different output of your device. You could do this by setting each track to a different output or routing the tracks to Aux channels and settings their outputs individually. :) Rounik
  • Zytecuu
    S. So far, the only way I've been able to send ch. 1 in Logic > DA > X-Desk is by choosing 1-2 for an out on the ch. strip and panning hard left, then choosing 1-2 again for ch. 2, and panning hard right, this certainly limits other mixing tasks. Does Logic 9 deal with mono channels any differently ? Thanks J.
  • Zytecuu
    Hey Rounik, So, if I create an aux. ch. and route the ch. strip through the aux. and choose mono out in the aux., do I still need to pan hard right or hard left? J.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jeff, In Logic 9 you can choose mono outputs for any channel strip. I can't now remember if this not possible for Aux channel strips in Logic 8... [img]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/940/screenshot20100131at172.png[/img] Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    [i]So, if I create an aux. ch. and route the ch. strip through the aux. and choose mono out in the aux., do I still need to pan hard right or hard left?[/i] It depends if your channels strips are mono or stereo. You shouldn't need to with mono channel strips feeding the Aux channels... but I don't have Logic 8 installed to test it out. Give it a go and let us know how you get on. :) Rounik
  • steveH
    The question I have is: why aren't the DA-16s outputs showing up in your channels output selectors?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: