macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zytecuu
    Re: External Summing from Logic 8
    Steve, That has been my question to the Apogee folks, the answer from Apogee is always re-directed to the Logic folks. The GUI for Apogee is Maestro, according to Apogee there are no settings w/in Maestro that will change how Logic 8 will output audio. I need to back up a bit and re-think some other choices/settings that I have made in Logic. 1st. is the universal track mode setting, when U.T.M. is turned off, and I choose a send on the ch.strip, it offers; no send, output, and bus. If I choose output > mono, I have access to individual mono channels. When U.T.M. is turned on, the choices are; no send, and bus. I guess, I need a better understanding of universal track mode. Oh, and when U.T.M. is off, a mono signal arrives at the x-desk, w/out any hard panning. Thanks J.
  • steveH
    Take screenshot of what shows up as output choices in Logic's channel strips. You should have 16 Apogee outputs listed.
  • Zytecuu
    Steve, Here's a screen capture of a mono send with U.T.M. turned off, like I said it's the only way I have found to send a true mono signal to the x-desk. J.[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2663/picture1qoi.png[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jeff, that looks right. So has this solved your question? Thanks Rounik
  • Zytecuu
    Hey Rounik Yea, I think the question is answered, unless you can think of a better way to route a mono signal. I guess I was expecting a better handshake between Apogee and Logic, seeing as how Apple and Apogee are partners. Thanks for your time. J.
  • steveH
    Seems like a solid handshake to me! Perhaps you wanted a hug! ;)
  • Zytecuu
    Hey Rounik, Here's a current screen shot of the project in question.[img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6969/picture2ml.png[/img] J.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jeff, Thanks for the picture. That looks about right and it's the way I'd approach it too. All I would suggest is to save it as template! I can imagine it would be annoying to set this up every time you needed it :) Best Rounik
  • Zytecuu
    Rounik, One last question, occasionally, the solo button on the ch. strip has a red line through it, what does this mean? J.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jeff, Ah, yes. This is Solo-safe mode. Take a look in your Mixer - click to show 'ALL' channel strips and you'll see your Click Track channel is in solo safe mode. This prevents it from being muted when other channels are soloed. To solo-safe a channel strip: Control-click on the SOLO button. It's a very useful solo mode. Hope that helps :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: