macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hesydoo
    mapped instruments to hyper set, did not bring over drum names
    Steve love your work!! I followed your mapped instruments to hyper set, but the drum names did not come over,.... only the note (C1 D1....) names??? Did I miss a step or has something changed from logic 7 to 9 I am an old time 24 track tape & protools (1991 sound tools) guy from way back. I still do use protools for some projects but every day I learn more about logic and use it for all by Movie and TV scores. On longer project it seems like logic does not like to import omf files? Have you ever seen that? I am even teaching logic at a local high school that has logic 8 on 32 macs!!! I am Mark Maxwell and own a lager studio in Athens Georgia. I started my studio in 1981 so It seems we are around the same age. If you like check out www.firsttune.com thanks again for all the videos you have done, I think I have most of them and do plan to get all of them. thanks mark m
  • steveH
    Re: mapped instruments to hyper se...
    Hey Maxwell! Thanks for watching my vids! It seems as though L9 doestn't bring over all the names. (Although I haven't tried it 9.1!) Here's a solution. Create a Mapped Instrument in the environment. Assign it to a track. Patch it to the drum kit channel. Play the record the midi on the MI track. Open the Hyper editor and switch it over to GM Drum Kit and your names will appear! Steve H OMF has always beed weird. Sorry.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: