macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic 9
    MIDI delayed sounds... irritating... but pls HELP!
    Hi all, As many have discussed this, I somehow couldn't find a real solution to my problem. And again, it must be a genuine small problem which I couldn't solve.. thus I have to bug some experts here for help. Thanks in advance! Ok, that same thing again, i got delayed output sound from my MIDI keyboard on Logic Studio 9. I've just installed it 2 days ago and recorded 2 songs without any problem. Today, not a good day, I launched LS9 and have this delayed sound problem. Its almost unplayable now. Tools: Macbook 2ghz, 4gb ram old korg x3 workstation via midi-usb As I said earlier i had totally no problem at all, until today. Being un-expert in this, i don't remmber adjusting anything unknown to me in LS9 settings, preferences, etc. I left it as it was first installed as I had no problem, until today. Plugins installed: garagaband jampack 3 and 4 I did exactly what have been recommended, like turning on low latency, io buffer adjusted, etc. but still i'm having this problem. rebooted my macbook like a million times after every adjustment to ensure it took effect, still it didnt solve the problem. so pleease helppppppp! :( i have a love song to write to my girlfriend.. :( or else, she'll find a new boyfriend... you wouldn't want her to ditch me right???? thx guys!!!!
  • Logic 9
    Re: MIDI delayed sounds... irritat...
    Guys, i've solved it. A very simple solution, less than 3 second and bingo. But, it took me 2 cups of starbucks arabica coffee, 2 sticks of marlboro.. and with an additional 3 seconrds, i'm back to making my song.. What I did? I plugged out the usb cable that connects my MIDI keyboard off my macbook, plugged it back in, and everything is fine again... I really don't know, why, but the problem has been eliminated.. Thanks guys!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Logic 9 & welcome to the forums! Thanks for posting your solution. It's usually a good idea to check connections first, although I was initially going to suggest lowering the I/O Buffer Setting in Logic... :) Rounik
  • Logic 9
    Hi Rounik! Sure, I'm happy to be a member in these forums. Oh, my pleasure to share my solution with everyone here. It is totally in/accidental as I decided to remove LS9 totally and reinstall it again. Exhausted all solutions.. but luckily, as I emptied my second cup of coffee, suddenly I heard someone calling me from the back... it was kinda eerie at first... oh.. lady luck came and whispered to me in my ears, "dude.. eh dude,... plug that usb cable off ur macbook and plug it in again, it will be fine.. " And, so I did it and all is back to normal again. :) :) :) Thanks!!!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: