macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logic 9 and mpc 4000
    creating an input object
    hello all, new to the forum and glad to be here, im new to the mpc and logic and i was told in order to hear the metronome i would have to create an input object in the environment field, only thing i dont know how to do that, can someone help me with that or lead me to the post that discuss this is detail if there is one, thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: creating an input object
    Hi & welcome to the forums! I'm not sure why you were told you needed to create an input track to hear the metronome. Do you wish to hear the metronome during playback or during recording? In Logic 8/9 simply click on the 'click' or 'metronome' icon in the Transport Bar. (It's the blue button in the pic below): [img]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4401/screenshot20100131at120.png[/img] Right click on the metronome icon to access further options. You can also choose File > Project settings > Metronome to set it up as desired. Hope that helps! Rounik
  • logic 9 and mpc 4000
    oh no, i didnt mean that, that i understand, im talking about using it with the mpc, setup where i seq on my mpc and logic is my sound module, with this setup i cant hear the metronome
  • Rounik Admin
    Ah ok. Can you then describe in more detail how you have the mpc connected and how you've setup Logic... Thanks Rounik
  • logic 9 and mpc 4000
    my setup is mpc and logic using midi cables and 2 quarter inch connected to my audiobox, basically ive been introduced to so many ways to use this setup and i want to go with the one with the best workflow, so right now im seq everything on the mpc just using logic as a sound module then when im done i then record it all into logic, but the only thing im not hearing that metronome out of my headphones (connected to my laptop) and last i was told in order to hear my mpcs metronome out of logic i would have to create an input object
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Well there's a few different ways to sync an mpc with Logic. MIDI is the key to this, and if they are both synced then you won't need to use the mpc's metronome and can use Logic's instead. Here's some tips from Akai on how to sync mpc with Logic 8 (same applies for Logic 9). [url]http://www.akaipro.com/synclogic[/url] If you still want to create an input object for whatever reason, open the Environment, choose New > Channel Strip > Input Now set the Audio Input to match the audio input on your audio interface which is connected to the audio output from the mpc. Hope that helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: