macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wyrisei
    Note Number in Piano Roll & Event List
    I got some Standard MIDI note entry job for ringtones and karaoke machine. Now the drum parts are given with note numbers. For example, the Kick is 36. Is there a way to display the MIDI note numbers instead of Note names (like C1, D1, etc.) in Piano Roll or/and Event List? If not, what is the quickest way to translate note number into note name? Also, I need to input gate time for each articulation. So the regular note is about 80% of full length while staccato is 50% and slurred notes (except the last one) are 100%. I am thinking that I enter the all the notes with full length first. Then select all the staccato notes and scale them using Transform. Then do the same with regular notes. Is this the recommended way? Is that possible to display the gate scale within Event List? Sorry if my writing is not clear for English is not my first (or second) language. Thank you very much. P.S. I love all the Logic and other tutorials. Most gigs I do is orchestration/ orchestra mockups. I am very interested in orchestra mockup tutorial like how to make each instrument more realistic and how to mix and master tracks. MPV's mixing and mastering videos are wonderful but these are for R&B and House tracks. I wonder doing orchestra digitally might require different consideration...
  • Wyrisei
    Re: Note Number in Piano Roll &...
    I have one more question. When I enter a note using Step Input Keyboard, each time three notes (with same pitch, same duration and same velocity but different MIDI channels) are created, and I don't know why this happens. I can see the three notes in my Event List, and I can move one of three independently. Also I noticed that when I enter note using Step Input Keyboard, the note length is slightly shorter than full length. For example, an 8th note is 475 ticks, not full 480 ticks. Is that possible to change the preference so that I can get 480 ticks for an 8th note? I am using Logic 9.1 (32bit). Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Note Number in Piano Roll &amp...
    Hi Penguin, Welcome to the forums! Could I ask you to start a new thread with the questions from your second post. It makes it easier to try and have one main question per thread when replying and for other users searching. Thanks. :) To answer your first question, I would do the following: - In the Environment create a Mapped Instrument. - Double-click on it to open it and rename the input Name sections to the desired name/number. - Cable the Mapped Instrument to the Channel strip. - Create a new track in the Arrange area and assign it to the Mapped Inst. - Place the MIDI region onto the Mapped Inst track and open the Piano Roll. You should now see the Names / Numbers in the Piano Roll's keyboard. If you prefer you can keep the Mapped Instrument (from the Environment) open in the Arrange area too. The Event List will now display the note's status with the name from the mapped inst. :) Regarding gate scale... I don't believe it is possible to display this in the Event List, so your current workflow seems like a good way to achieve this. Thanks Rounik
  • Wyrisei
    Re: Note Number in Piano Roll &...
    Hi Rounik, Thank you so much!!!! The Mapped Instrument solution works perfectly- more beautifully than I expected. When I looked at my Event List after entering a couple of notes into Piano Roll, I was so excited. Many many thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Note Number in Piano Roll &amp...
    Hi Penguin, I'm really glad it's helped! I too enjoyed seeing the custom names in the Event List - such a bonus :) Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: