macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Oceanviewstudio
    From OSX to Snowleo: Pointing Logic to existing data
    Greetings, Rounik was so kind to assist me with valuable input on my thoughts concerning a temporary Snowleopard installation, while keeping the existing OSX working, and suggested to post this specific here, hoping someone else can benefit as well. If you are interested in the Sl specific findings, I will post my own experiences at a later stage there as well. The original thread: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/other/mac-os&id=23731&sid=0#last[/url] Now, lets say you installed Logic and other programs such as Logic, Kontakt, Spectrasonics etc., and in good practice did not install the corresponding data such as samples, apple loops etc. on the same, but another internal or external drive already. The idea is to avoid another install of all libraries, loops etc. again on the Snow leopard Installation, but rather "point" Logic for example to the relevant data such as apple loops. Now.... I leave Rounik to it .... Best Georg
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: From OSX to Snowleo: Pointing ...
    Hi Georg, Thanks for posting this here :) OK. First, remember that you have system wide loops/samples/plugins for all users and your own created user stuff. So, for example, you can find your own created apple loops here (~ signifies your Home folder): [b]~/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops/[/b] and the system wide Apple Loops here: HD/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/User Loops/ You can find your logic settings here: [b]~/Library/Application Support/Logic[/b] & factory settings here: [b]HD/Library/Application Support/Logic[/b] There you can find folders for your key commands, Channel Strip settings, EXS factory samples, Plug-in settings, templates, etc. The Logic Preferences & control surfaces files are here: [b]~/Library/Preferences/[/b] [b]com.apple.logic.pro.plist com.apple.logic.pro.cs[/b] Finally, 3rd party plugins can be found both in the root or home for the following: [b]/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/components/[/b] Do check with the manuals for 3rd party plugins as they often store data and sample libraries in other locations too. Hope that helps! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: