macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Emerson Entertainment
    Using Logic Studio as a Light Controller
    Page 81 of the Logic Studio 8 User Manual states that Logic Pro can be used as a lighting controller (Also in Logic 9), has anyone tried this? How? This sentence is all I can find in all the manuals about using Logic and midi to control lighting. I have a DMX Operator Pro with midi IN and would like to try this on live gigs while using Logic. Does Anyone have any experience with this? I'm sure there would be better software for lighting, but since Apple has said that it can perform this function I would like to explore the possibility. I have a few Par 64's and some design Spot 250's that I want to control. Any suggestions?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Using Logic Studio as a Light ...
    Hi Emerson & welcome to the forums! You'll need to refer to your DMX Operator manual to find out what MIDI data is needed to control it's various functions. You'll also need to become savvy with Logic's Environment. Here you can create faders, knobs and buttons that can send MIDI data. Let me know if you need more help. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: