macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Oceanviewstudio
    mixer: pre listen and Klopfgeist?
    Greetings, Mystery? :o) I am working on a Kontakt 4 configuration in Logic when out of nowhere, all of the sudden in the mixer two more tracks appear, pre listen and klopfgeist. I have no idea how they come there and why. Pre listen sits left of my 1st instrument and Klopfgeist to the right. What is the reason for this? Best Georg
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: mixer: pre listen and Klopfgei...
    Hi Georg, Hmmm... the Klopfgeist (German for 'Knocking ghost') is haunting your Mixer? The Mixer has different View Modes. If you look in the Mixer's Toolbar you'll see "Single | Arrange | All" Click on 'Single' to view only the currently selected CS (in the Arrange) Choose 'Arrange' to view only the CS in the Arrange area. Choose 'All' to view all the Channel strips in your project. (You'll find these in the Environment window too). 'Prelisten' is the channel strip that is used when you preview Apple Loops, listen to pieces in the Sample Editor etc. Klopfgeist is the instrument used for the Metronome/click. :) Rounik
  • Oceanviewstudio
    Hey Rounik, yeah, I know, but I was not changing any views, I was in single channel strip view and out of no where.... swuuuush....PLOP....both appreared. All I did was adding AUX channels to my Kontakt session when it happened. Hehehe... haunted is right! Prepared everything for the big SL day, HD's and backups all ready to go. :o) Btw. HD's I am running out of eSATA connectivity for now, so I decided not to invest more and use one of the FW800 connections on the back for my SL test drive, a Lacie D2 Quadra 1TB. This drive has a switch for ON, AUTO, and OFF. Do you know of a way to tell my Mac not to send power to the drive when the Mac is shut down? On another note, I just got Kontakt 4 up and running, and my first project now has 1.7 gig real and 2.8 Gig Virtual memory assigned to Logic in OSX 5.8, without any problem. KOntakts memory server does a good Job. On top, I have 3 more adress rooms to play with, Logic itself and 32 as well as 64 bit from VePro. I am in heaven, even if for some reasons I should not be able to switch entirely to SL now, this above solution ain't bad, ain't bad at all. :o)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Georg! Sounds like an odd display glitch... I'm feeling excited for your big SL day now! :) I don't think there is a way to stop your Mac from sending power to connected external firewire devices that request it, when in sleep or shutdown. If your Mac is shutdown it should be fine to disconnect the drive or switch it off. Is the drive completely bus-powered (via firewire) or connected to the Mains? Sounds like you've got your setup humming along perfectly and I genuinely hope that SL gives you even better performance. I've heard that the next minor update to SL (10.6.3) will provide performance boosts and fixes for Logic and Quicktime... Exciting times! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: