macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Express
    Recording Text
    Dear Forum Team, With reference to the advice (Brackets) below for my text voice recording, you have suggested that I do the recording in Chapters or Sections. Do you mean that I create as many Tracks as necessary for each section in the same file? I thought that if Bounce the project then all the sections will be together & become impossible to split into 3 CD's (lets say). Do I need to create a file for each section? I hope I explained it well for you to follow what I am saying. Yours, Gaspar {If you are recording into chapters or sections, you may want to create different projects (or tracks in the same project) for each article/section.}
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Recording Text
    Hi Gaspar, It's your choice really. You can create all the 'section' or chapters in one project or multiple projects. The contents of the Arrange are can be included in the 'Bounce process'. But likewise, if you solo a track then only that track will be bounced. If you mute a track then that track will not be included when bouncing. Also you can specify the range (area) of the project you wish to bounce. Do you have the Core Logic 101 tutorial? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101[/url] This is a really great tutorial on getting started with Logic and should answer most if not all of your questions. Of course, you're more than welcome to ask questions here... I just thought to ask you so I can point out a specific video in the title that deals with your question. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Logic Express
    Yes, I have gone through some of the staff in the Logic 101 Tutorial. However, if you point me out to specific chapter that will really consolidate my understanding of how Logic works on my particular situation. Yours, Gaspar
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Gaspar, Sure. there are some useful videos on Bouncing: 105-108 and 114-115 Then all of chapter 6 on recording: 116-136 Muting and soloing are covered early on and throughout the tutorial - so there's no specific video only covering these topics. But in NED on your Mac you can type in: Solo or mute in the search field to find specific videos on these topics. As your situation is quite specific, you can tailor Logic to fit your preferred workflow. Do try out recording to different projects or in the same project and see what you prefer. Hope that helps and let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks Rounik
  • Logic Express
    Dear Forum Team, You have referred me to view videos 105-108 etc. However, in the Logic 101 Tutorial, videos are numbered like 1, 2 within each Chapter? Can you clarify where are the above mentioned Chapters to be found. Thank you for your help. Yours, Gaspar
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Gaspar, Are you using NED player on your Mac to view the tutorials or NEDweb? If you are using NED on your Mac, then you can type 'bounce' or 'record' into the search field at the top and see the specific videos dealing with the searched for topic. The video numbers I've given you are correct for Logic 9 101. Each tutorial is split in the following way: Chapter 1... Section 1... Video 1 Video 2 Video 3 Video 4 Video 5 etc Section 2... Video 6 Video 7 Video 8 Video 9 Video 10 Section 3... Video 11 Video 12 Video 13 Chapter 2... Section 4... etc. However, you can refer to the tutorial contents here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101[/url] by clicking on the 'Topics' button... or refer to the following chapters & sections: Chapter 5: Bouncing MP3s Section 13: Importing & Bouncing Section 15: More About Bouncing Chapter 6: Recording Section 16: Setting Up To Record Section 17: Cycle Recording Section 18: Punch Recording Hope that helps. I'd recommend viewing some of the early videos to give you a solid foundation and understanding of how Logic works. Even though these sections deal with Apple loops which you may not need to use in the future, the concepts are all there. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: