macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kboy
    Logic Pro 8
    What is the proper way to configure a midi track in Logic 8 to hear back what I am playing. I am using a Korg Triton and a Motif 6 Rack. Both are connected to my Midi Express 128. I am also using a MOTU 896HD. I configured both the Midi Express 128 and Motu 896HD in the audio midi setup for Leopard. When I create an external track in Logic 8 it shows the Triton and Motif. However in order to hear either one I must create an audio track an assign the input to the midi port of the Triton or Motif to hear it. This seems like a waste of tracks. Is there a way that a midi track can be configured so that you can hear audio ?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Pro 8
    Hi Kboy, A MIDI track can only receive MIDI input! Audio is a different beast altogether. The way you are setting this up is correct. You can always hide the track in the arrange area... or plug the output of the Triton directly into your Mixer (bypassing Logic). Another way is to create an input channel strip in Logic's Environment. Set the input to the Triton and don't add it to the Arrange area. :) Rounik
  • Kboy
    Thank you very much for your response. How can I create an input channel strip in Logic's Enviroment and set the input to Triton? I guess I would have to do this for the Motif 6 Rack as well. I appreciate the help.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, In the Environment go to: New > Channel Strip > Input This will create an 'Input channel strip' for Input one on your audio interface. Do the same for the other inputs if you wish and set the outputs of the Input channels as desired. (The Input channel strips don't have their outputs set - so you won't hear the input 1 (output 1 from your interface) until you set it to Output 1-2 for example. :)
  • Kboy
    Thanks Rounik
  • Kboy
    Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: