macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tenogyi
    Score editor in Logic 9
    What's the best way to learn the score editor in Logic 9? Anyone know of a good tutorial? Also, does Sibelius interface well with Logic 9? I would love more information regarding the latter if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks, much appreciated! SG.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Score editor in Logic 9
    Hi SG, Logic's Score Editor... there are some helpful sections in the TNT/TNT2 I believe... and is an area of Logic that we are aware deserves a very good tutorial. Can't say any more than that ;-) In what way did you wish to have Logic and Sibelius 'interface' with each other? Thanks Rounik
  • Tenogyi
    Hi Rounik, I would like to import a score from Sibelius into Logic without a lot of fuss. Btw, I realize now that my question regarding anyone knowing of a good tutorial for the score editor in Logic may have come off more "pointed" so-to-speak than I meant. It wasn't meant as a critique of macprovideo or something like that. I'm interested in any book, video or whatever that can make using the score editor in Logic less cumbersome (I guess that's ultimately up to Apple). Thanks, I'll check out the videos you mentioned. Also, looking forward to whatever may be on the macprovideo horizon. SG
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi SG, No problem on your question at all! Sorry if my reply gave you the impression that your question was "pointed". I didn't regard it like that ;) There's not much (if any) resources I know about that specifically deal with Logic Score Editor... but let's wait and see what's on the macprovideo horizon! :) Rounik
  • Vehypyo
    Hey SG, I import scores from Sibelius into logic. But there is some fuss. I scan the score and then export as midi. That midi then gets imported into Logic. From there.... choose instruments... etc..... etc...... There may be an easier way... but I'm with you on the "not much for resources"... no "pointing" intended ;) I would assume that one way or another the score will have to be scanned in. This process leaves the sound VERY quantized and not realistic as all the velocities are exactly the SAME. So yeah... there is fuss, but I'd thought I'd just share how I do it as it may prompt you to think of something from your end. Cheers.
  • Tenogyi
    Thanks for the response. I'll have to give this some thought, needless to say. Right now I am knee deep in other musical endeavors, and haven't needed to worry abt the score editor too much. Still, just yesterday I had to work with it, and, well, there are issues! Maybe Apple will improve it, and maybe our friends (I mean that!) at macprovideo will offer a nice tutorial for us! Thanks to all. SG
  • rwp
    It would be great to have a tutorial about the score editor by mac pro! I think the score editor isn´t bad, but the handbook doesn´t help a lot...
  • Togugei
    Here's another vote for a score tutorial. Come on macpro - you guys can do it! :-)
  • Jonugii
    yes indeed, another vote for an in-depth look at Logic's score editor, unless you have added this in one of the other logic tutorials and I have missed it. thanks!
  • rwp
    Re: Re: Score editor in Logic 9
    I work with logic since it exists and several years ago (I think still with logic 4 or 5 ) I had to write a 9min composition for a symphonic wind ensemble (40 piece band) - The music was the easiest! To edit the score it was a p... in the a...! I tried lately to work with Sibelius and logic together, but I feel there is no easy way to combine them. For orchestrations with samples, which are playable for a reaI orchestras the same time, I need to hear the result during arranging. Switching between Sibelius and Logic drives me crazy and kills my workflow. I would like to stay only with Logic and wait for some upgrades in the score editor. I think a lot of people would prefer this. Isn´t that an argument for apple keeping the clients? If they get more messages like this, maybe they start thinking...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: