macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mykyjui
    Changing tempo without messing up tracks
    How do I change the tempo of my project without effecting the individual tracks? I know this is really funky, but the project was recorded without a click and now I want to experiment with quantizing. I want to listen to the track and adjust the tempo of the click to find the closest metre. But when I change the tempo of the project, the tracks get all out of wack. What can I do to isolate the tempo from the tracks? Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Changing tempo without messing...
    Hi Tempo Play, Welcome to the forums! What do you mean "the tracks get all out of wack?" Do some adjust to the new tempo of the project and some don't? All regions in Logic are positioned on Logic's grid, so if you change the tempo then they will adjust accordingly... Select all the regions on a track and make sure that "Follow tempo" in the Inspector is checked for all. Or if you want to keep the regions from adjusting to the tempo of the project, uncheck the follow tempo. You may also be interested in the SMPTE unlock, incase you've smpte locked the regions? This command can be found in the key commands window. Hope that helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: