macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dfraser
    Comps not being created
    Using Logic 9.02 or 9.1, I've had it happen (when recording stereo with two separate tracks, two mics) that Logic refuses to create COMP folders. It records the various takes laying them one on top of the other. Then, comes the process of separating all those takes into MANY tracks. Then, of course, quick swipe comping doesn't work. Also curious, is that my attempts to Pack a Take folder, by selecting all the regions, fail. Logic refuses to create take folders of these regions. Any thoughts?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Comps not being created
    Hi dfraser, Welcome tot he forums ;) I can't say I've experienced these issues. Can you provide some further details on your version of Mac OSX and your Mac? :) Rounik
  • dfraser
    Hi Again, I have a Macbook (recent with Intel processor) and I'm running 10.5.8. Today, I received 10.6.2 and have just installed it. Just checked Logic 9.1.0 and it still refuses to "pack a take folder" with selected regions.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi dfraser, Can you describe your process step by step and the type of regions you are attempting to pack (e.g. audio, MIDI, current audio take folders, apple loops, etc.) I'll then try and replicate this step by step on my system. Thanks Rounik
  • dfraser
    Hi again, The only other thing that I can think of is that I have only 2 GB of RAM in my MACBOOK. Do you suppose this might cause a bottle neck for the application and limit it's functionality? I have AUDIO regions only in my project. They are all stereo files (some interleaved, some not). There is no looping whatsoever. It is a classical recording project. The reason I have so many tracks in the first place is that Take folders simply refused to be created. The audio was recorded initially on two tracks, and each TAKE just kept getting piled on top of the other. It was a real mess to untangle . (And it's not the first time this has happened). So, all the takes were eventually separated on separate tracks to hear them clearly and individually. I now select the various regions spread over 8 tracks, go to the command "Pack Take Folder" and nothing happens. Quite literally, it's as if the command has somehow been disabled. I somehow suspect this is a computer RAM related issue. I can't find anything else in the software that would create these strange occurences.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi dfraser, This really doesn't sound like a ram issue. In fact lack of ram will cause Logic's Overload message to display and not an issue like this. Do you have Autopunch and/or replace mode on when recording? What format audio file are you recording to? What about Universal Track mode? Is this enabled? I just double tested it out in 9.1 on a Macbook Pro with 2GB ram and it worked fine: - Recorded two audio regions on two tracks. - Cycle recorded over existing audio regions and Take Folders were created. - You can't pack existing take folders into a new take folder AFAIK. - Selected multiple audio regions on different tracks and packed them into a Take Folder - and used quick swipe successfully. Can you give more info about the version of OSX you are running too. Thanks Rounik
  • dfraser
    Hi, Autopunch and replace mode both off. File format AIFF. Universal Track mode enabled. Cycle recording : I'm not CYCLE recording. I'm simply restarting at various point in the song to get better Takes for certain sections. If only I HAD existing take folders! I'd pay more money for them at this point! I've now upgraded to OS X, 10.6.2. Is Cubase more stable than this software? I'd like to say this is the only time this has happened, but it isn't. I actually phoned the Pro support at Apple when I first noticed it, and they were no help at all. The advice was to simply wade through the files all recorded on top of one another and separate them into various tracks. This is not making sense.
  • dfraser
    I just did a simple test of record enabling two more tracks and tried to record various "Takes". Take folders are NOT created. The various "takes" on two different channels are just piled on top of each other. After purchasing Logic 8, then 9 could I possibly have faulty software?
  • dfraser
    I've done more late night experimentation to get this software working, and have discovered that : On the channel strips, designating two tracks as LEFT and RIGHT will disable the TAKE FOLDER function! Oddly enough, sometimes the Take folders are still created, but more often they are not. Setting each channel to MONO, and then panning them hard left and right, works fine. Take folders are created as per usual. As for the inability to Pack a Take folder with separate audio regions, still no solution.
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks for the extra info. Can you clarify wht you mean by: "On the channel strips, designating two tracks as LEFT and RIGHT will disable the TAKE FOLDER function" Do you mean setting the Input of the channel strip? Are you trying to record from one physical input (e.g. a mono mic connected to Input 1 of your audio interface) to multiple tracks??? If so, why? You can duplicate the track and copy the region after recording. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: