macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dfraser
    Re: Comps not being created
    Thanks for your ongoing assistance with this! No, not input. Under the Meter of the channel strip is the icon that sets either : Mono Interleaved Stereo Left Right Surround By my experimentation last evening, setting this setting to LEFT for Mike 1, and RIGHT for Mike 2 and then recording causes the problem...(no take folders). And yes, I'm using two mics to record in stereo. I've also discovered that for classical (choir) recording, using separate channels for each mic sounds better than using only one in interleaved stereo. Regards, Don
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Don, Thanks for your kind words! Ah.. OK... The (Input) Format button. Well, the 'Left' and 'Right' settings are designed to be used to choose the left or right channel of a stereo signal. Not really useful if using Mono inputs (2 separate mono mics). You can pan the Mono channels hard left and right after you've recorded the audio if you like. So, best to set the channels to mono and each track will record a separate input/mic. Yes, definitely agree with you on using 2 mics for stereo recording... I just wasn't sure whether you were trying to record a single mic to two channels simultaneously (which in theory can't be done). Hope that helps! Rounik
  • dfraser
    And thank you for all the great videos! They have been a tremendous help to me, and I look forward to more!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: