macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Toctic Studios
    Tempo change reflected in recording count-in
    I am using Logic Pro 9 This is the deal, I am trying to write music to a movie trailer and I need many different tempo changes to make the audio work with the video. But, here's the problem and I'll just use a generic example: Say the start tempo at measure 1 is 120 bpm, I change the tempo at measure 4 for the first scene in the trailer to 90 bpm, (everything is good so far) but the problem is that the recording count-in is still 120 when I'm about to rec on the 4th measure at 90. Can I change the rec. count-in to reflect each tempo change as I go along? Seems to me this should be a standard feature because in other rec. programs this is not an issue. Hope my question makes sense and someone can help!
  • Toctic Studios
    Re: Tempo change reflected in reco...
    Talked to Apple, they said it is not an option. So pretty much tempo changes are good if you are only making one or two per song and can jump right on that click once it hits the new tempo, otherwise going from 200 bpm to a 90 bmp seems to difficult because the tempo change is too drastic and there is no way to hear the upcoming tempo change before it's too late. Pretty lame. It's been suggested to move the upcoming tempo change back 4 bars, then change it back, but this screws up the video and any audio you have recorded. Is there a way to lock and unlock the video so the tempo changes do not effect it? the other way is to rec a four count with an instrument, but now you have the old tempo and your new 4 count in two different tempos playing right before you rec to the new tempo. Lame too. If I'm wrong let me know, no replies so far. thanks a lot.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Tempo change reflected in reco...
    Hi Toctic, Unfortunately I believe you are correct. You could create a new tempo track that way there's no need to have the metronome on during your personal tempo track playing back. I'm curious how is this overcome in other DAW's? Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: