macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gorynui
    Strange new quirk when changing sample rates...
    Timing is everything. I'm working on a deadline at midnight on the east coast of Canada. Logic 8 has been working fine all day, editing hundreds of little sound fx and dialogue for a videogame. Suddenly, I open a new project for the final 50 lines of dialogue, change my sample rate from the usual 48kHz to 44.1, as all the files I'm importing are as well. I attempt to "add audio files" in the bin, select the group I'm after, hit Done and... nothing happens. One of the 50 imported into the project. And the icon at the top of the Arrange page is greyed out. It was fine when things were still set for 48, but as soon as I change to 44.1, it greys out. I haven't changed anything all day, so... I've tried restarting, creating new projects, changing the sample rate at the menu instead of the transport, importing one at a time (it still only seems to want 1 file imported). All I can come up with as a solution is to reload Logic on my tower (MacPro, 2.8GHz, quad-core, 4 GB RAM). But for now, I'm about to get a crash course in Audacity. Hopefully it's simple, because I'm barely awake...
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Strange new quirk when changin...
    Hi Sammy, I've not come across this before... Have you tried trashing Logic's preferences file? What about using a blank template or a different template? You could also import the 44.1 files into a 48 project and then in the Audio Bin change the project sample rate? Which icon are you talking about here: "the icon at the top of the Arrange page is greyed out"? Aside from Audacity which hopefully you've picked up quite quickly, you could use Garageband... Best Rounik
  • Gorynui
    Oh my... Well, first off, thanks for the suggestions. I tried each of those, but to no avail. But the idea of using Garageband seemed less daunting than Audacity, which I had never used. But then the files wouldn't import into GB. DING! A-ha! It's something about the files! That's when I first noticed two of the 56 files were way too small, only about 4 kb each. So I tried the import without those files, and voila! it all worked out fine. I was really not looking forward to re-loading Logic. I managed to get new copies of the corrupt files, and the day progressed much more smoothly, albeit a little behind schedule... Thanks again!
  • Rounik Admin
    Well... that was my next suggestion ;-) Sounds like the files were corrupted somehow then... at least it saved you from re-installing Logic! :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: