macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bongolicious
    where are my samples in my drag and drop kit in ultrabeat
    loaded in some samples in ULTRABEAT made some tracks, but now when i reopened the files the samples are not loading. I did drag the samples when finished to an external. I was under the impression the samples were committed to ultrabeat sound bank??? what are my steps, need these tracks for a gig this weekend any luv thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: where are my samples in my dra...
    Hi Bongolicious, Really important to remember that UB needs to reference the samples from the location you had them in... UB stores the state of the settings, but unless you specifically ask Logic to save the assets to the project folder then you should keep them in the original location. When you load your saved UB kit, does a dialog window appear saying that it can't locate the samples? If so then you should have the option to locate/search for the samples? Follow that option or close Logic and move the samples back to their original location. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Bongolicious
    are they lost then and do i need to remake the kits again?? dont remember which samples they were pulled from many different sources and moved to external for space. Where do i commit them upon completing a new kit? thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Sorry but I don;t understand... When you try loading the UB kit (preset) you created, does an alert window pop up to tell you that it can't find the samples? ... surely you don't want to "commit" your samples ;-) ... OK seriously. If you want your Logic project to be autonomous and be moved anywhere and keep all the samples intact then you've got to choose to Save assets. In the Save as... dialogue window you'll see an 'Advanced' disclosure arrow. Click on it. From the list you can choose to save audio files and samples for EXS24 and UB to the project folder. This can eat a lot of space, but is useful if you need to send someone your project who may not have the same samples as you or you decide to move your samples around. btw, in your UB preset kit. Take a look in the Sample window (where you import audio files). For each voice there should be the name of the file there. You can use the name there to then locate the file and reimport it. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: