macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Question for the expert, The all knowing Mr Rounik
    Trick question, Sounds easy because it is, but not in my case. I have a program called Drumtracker by Toontrack. Great program to convert audio drum performances to Midi, especially when its a full kit and not just single tracks. So I did the conversion of a file I've been trying to tackle but it had some very tricky beats or shuffles in it. So to deal with the hard parts, I brought the original audio track into Melodyne Studio and slowed it down. This original audio file was actually 74 bpm. No matter, when you drop an audio file into Melodyne it will consider the current tempo as 120 which is default, just like Logic unless you set it up otherwise. I haven't learned how to do that quit yet. Moving on, I did slow the audio down to a pace I could work with. In Melodyne, that resulted in a 60 bpm drop, effectively 50%. Now I was able to run this through my Drumtracker program and hear my parts better, making my midi conversion easier. Great. I then exported the New Midi into Logic where I finished off some parts with keyboard adding a snare or hat or extra kick where need. All the while I was working with the slowed down audio and mid file. When I imported the two files, mainly the mid into Logic, it was set on the arrange page and the tempo in logic is of course at its default 120 bpm. So after completing my work with the Midi in Logic, I ran the tempo up on Logics transport bar to 180BPM. Great, it now is playing at it's natural feel which was 74 bpm and I verified it was matched to it's original speed, which is actually 74 bpm. Remember, I dropped it into Melodyne with the settings at 120 and halved the speed. So here we are. I need to get a Midi file export from where it is now and use it with other Midi that I have made and is correctly at 74 bpm. The current dilemma is the Midi file I have made at a slowed down rate needed to be sped up to 180 on the Logic arrange page but in actuality, its back to 74 bpm. How do I get this to be correctly at 74 bpm? Thanks much. Victor Mason Mojave Ampworks LLC
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Question for the expert, The a...
    Hi Victor, It's a good idea to correct these issues at source... so do check out how to set the correct tempo in Melodyne. However, once all is done. - Import the MIDI file into Logic. - Set Logic's tempo to the correct tempo. - Option-drag the regions right edge to time stretch it to be the correct length. (i.e. an exact musically 4 bar loop should be stretched to be 4 bars according to Logic's grid. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: