macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Merging Midi, and making it stay that way...
    First, a thank you to Mr Rounik for offering me the solution this morning in response to my Midi tempo question. I did resolve the problem and all that is needed with either Melodyne or Logic is to simply set your temp before importing the audio. That was easy enough. So on to my latest development. Very simply put, I have created multiple Midi regions. I saved these regions after editing them or in some cases recording over them to add additional parts. I first right clicked my record button in the transport bar and selected Record settings which you can also simply do by going into the settings menu. Under Midi I selected "Merge with selected Regions". Now I know I did this at least once, but when I checked just now while writing this post, it was set to Merge only in Cycle Record. The problem is I have glued and merged the regions to gether and they won't stay glued? I export the glued or merged region to my folder where I am keeping them but when imported back to Logics arange page, they are seperated. See photos. You will see when I first load the file, you only see a stack of beams which I know those to be parts I added after importing the midi to start with. The if I click on the arrange page, I see the original section.I can lasso the region and use the glue tool or go to Region, and select Merge region. Either way it will put the two together which you can now see the beams stacked at the end along with the rest of the data. Now, No matter what I've tried, I cannot export this region as one single region and bring it back in. What in the world am I doing wrong or what can I do to resolve the split Midi region debacle? Thanks in advance Victor Mason Mojave Ampworks LLC All assistance is of course greatly appreciated [img]http://mojaveampworks.com/scrnshts/Midi1.jpg[/img]. [img]http://mojaveampworks.com/scrnshts/Midi2.jpg[/img] [img]http://mojaveampworks.com/scrnshts/Midi3.jpg[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Merging Midi, and making it st...
    Hi Victor, It's important to remember the difference between Logic's Preferences and Project settings. Any settings in Logic's Preferences (e.g. I/O Buffer Size) are global settings that will be the same no matter which project you open/close. The Project settings (e.g. Record settings) are not global but affect only the project which is currently open. To have your project settings be remembered by Logic, save them in a template. Anyway, I've tried to replicate your issue... but it works fine here. When you glue the regions together are the regions placed on top of each other or on separate tracks? Cheers Rounik
  • Rohogay
    Thank you for the tips. I am gluing them by putting them atop one another. I have also done it one track under another. I am going to try the following procedure: I will create an empty Midi region with the pencil tool on a track lane. I will then drop in my midi parts which are layers I suppose. Then I will merge them as one and see if I can export them as a saved single midi region. Do I need to set the region parameters in any specific way? or just use the record settings under Midi and choose merge with selected regions? Victor Mason Mojave Ampworks LLC
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Victor, Yes, try setting the Merge MIDI regions and then saving as a template. This means whenever you open the template you don't need to reselect the settings again. Let me know how you get on. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: