macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic
    Click Track
    I am new to logic and would like to set a click track to an already made MP3....How can I do this quickly...my drummer needs to hear the click to the left (assuming I pan the click track to the left?) Please someone help!! Thanks Rich
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Click Track
    Hi Rich, Excuse the late reply. What do you mean to an 'already made' mp3? Was the mp3 recording performed to a click track? Or is the tempo more free form? You can simply import the mp3 into Logic and Logic should convert it into a non-compressed audio file format automatically. If the tempo is free-form then select the audio region and open the Global Tracks area. Right click and choose to View 'Beat Mapping'. Now you can change Logic's grid to match the recorded audio performance by dragging the top Bar, beat measures to the white lines. Steve H. did a great tutorial on how to use this feature effectively here: [url]https://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9201[/url] But do ask here if you need any further help! Cheers Rounik
  • Logic
    I dont get this and I'm going NUTS trying to figure this out! I'm trying to take an already made MP3 karaoke track and add a CLICK onto the left channel....I tried doing the beatmapping but it's so hard to get the first beat to land on the downbeat of the tempo. I have done the beat detector and put that into the tempo box...understanding that the beatmapping will need to line everything up, but i cant line it up. Once I do this, how can i record the metronome to a channel? Then how do I add in 2 measures before the music starts to have the metronome going and record my voice saying 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8? Lastly, adding in a vocal to count the piece out? THANK U!!
  • Logic
    I see the white lines but there are SOOOO many how do I know which ones to connect it to when doing the beatmapping? How can I record the metronome that now moves to the free formed tempo on its own track? Rich
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Rich, That's a lot of questions ;-) OK... It's difficult to give advice for beatmapping without knowing the material you're working on. What I'd suggest is to get the project tempo as similar to the mp3 tempo and kindly ask the drummer to play in time ;-)) . This will make the process much easier. Have you checked out Steve H's Masterclass video tutorial? He explains how to use beatmapping really well :) To record the metronome try the following: - Open the Mixer and select the 'All' view (top right of Mixer). - The click track is there. Set the Send to a new Bus/Aux channel. - Set that Aux channel as the input for a new audio track. Record ready it and hit record to record the metronome in real time. You can add 2 measures at the beginning by moving the locators to the first two measures and hitting insert time. Recording your voice would be the same as recording audio to an audio track. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Logic
    THANK U SOOOOOO MUCH!!!! One last question- I'm trying to put the click on the left channel and the mp3 on the right channel...however, when I go into the mixer and pan my click all the way to -64 and my audio track to +64 im losing quality and sharpness from my audio track that was originally set in stereo...any ideas? Lastly, is there a way if i want to combine lets say 2 Karaoke tracks that LOGIC can find a good place to transition the two files by maybe fading out or into the new song? YOu have been so helpful! Thanks again! Best, Rich
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Rich, The Pan control on a Stereo Channel strip in Logic is actually a Balance control. To use true panning you'll need to insert a Direction Mix plugin on each stereo channel strip. Logic can't exactly find a good place to transition between two tracks for you... You can add fades, crossfades and/or use volume automation to create a transition between two tracks or two regions. Do check out the Logic 9 101 tutorial. It is really good and will answer these questions better my posts can ;-) There's a 55% discount on ALL download tutorials until Monday (tomorrow) [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/cart/code/10birthdayc55[/url] I'm not sure if I should be posting this on the forums, but here it is anyway :) If you need any more help do let us know! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: