macProVideo.com
Forums
  • ROGUE
    Adding AUX's?
    My question is, in my Autoload template I have only 2 Aux's. I would like now to add more to my environment. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do this. Is it even possible to add more? You see, I have chosen EXS 24 and UB inst. On some of them, I want to send them through the AUX so I can mono them and process them separate from the bunch. I want to place a kick from UB and a bass from EXS24 on the same mono track and through the same compressor. And I would think a AUX track would be the way to go. How would I go about this intelligently? Hugh, I need help?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Adding AUX's?
    Hi Rogue, You can do this in the Environment (or in Logic 8/9) in the Mixer too. Which version of Logic are you using? Thanks Rounik
  • ROGUE
    I am using Logic Academic 7.3. Unfortunately, I am seeing that is high time to upgrade. But, what can I do now in the situation I am in. I have some UB sequences put together and a bass part. Can I still add more Aux's, or should I start over and save my UB parts and the other parts (bounce down maybe) and re-do a new environment from scratch as a new auto load? I am still very new to using the environment and a bit shaky. I was looking at a way, but I cannot find or figure one out. How can I do this in the environment using Logic 7?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi I don't have Logic 7 on my Mac anymore so I'm going to have to do this by memory. In the Environment choose New > Channel strip > and you should see an option for Aux channel. When you insert UB on a channel strip did you choose Stereo or Multi-output? btw, you cannot upgrade academic Logic licences... you'll need to purchase the full version of 8 or 9 if you want to step up. I must mention at this point that version 8/9 are easier to learn and use than version 7. :) Rounik
  • ROGUE
    I used the multi-output. Yes, I do agree with you there. I think I will bite the bullet and invest. It will pan out in the long run. They really did there homework on the new versions? Ok, I figured it out. But, I have t say it does not seem very logical to me as to how I have to go about to create an AUX or many other things. Perhaps, it is bacuase I am Logic Pro illterate! Thanks Rounik!
  • ROGUE
    I see when I highlight one of the audio objects in the environment , a little patch thing at the right hand top side becomes visible. What is the use of this, is it like a way to patch various audio objects together? Like connecting an Aux with an audio inst. in the environment instead of the arrange?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Rogue, The Environment is still there in the same form in Logic 8 and 9. Think of the Environment like a massive studio patchbay... a place where you can connect all your hardware together and create interesting MIDI effects. All objects have a 'cable out' point at the top right. So you can drag from there to another object (e.g. a channel strip) to create a cable from one object to another. There's no need to connect an Aux with an audio inst channel strip in this way. If you have a multi-output instance of UB: In UB, route the outputs of desired voices to different outputs. In the Environment, create Aux channels for each voice. Set the Input on the Aux channels to match the outputs for each voice. btw, looking at your signature, it appears you are using OSX10.4.11. Logic 9 requires 10.5.8. Although Logic 8/9 have many simplified features, many of the basic concepts remain the same, so upgrading may still leave you wanting to learn more about the Environment. There are some very good tutorials available for Logic 7 still: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/masteringLogic7[/url] & [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicEnvironment[/url] Hope that helps Rounik
  • ROGUE
    Yes, it helps and I am thankful to you for your time and words. I see I have to just push myself through the learning curve, as this in-itself will not come simplified as I had wished. I also see that it is not necessary to step up to Logic 9 in the level where I am at. You have made this clear for me, and thank you. Cheers Rounik -ROGUE
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Rogue, No problem! I'd like to add that Logic 8/9 would be easier to learn... but it would require that you upgrade your OS... Do let me know if you have any questions at all we can help with. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: