macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hizegau
    multi instrument corruption
    Has anyone encountered multi-instruments generating a long list of files called: @ (=Context name) It disrupts the assignment of multi-instruments to their midi channels and makes it pretty much impossible to work in Logic. This started happening a few days ago. I am working with 9.1 OSX 10.6.2, 64bit. The files are still corrupted in 32bit as well. Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: multi instrument corruption
    Now that is an issue I've not come across before... Do you have a screenshot you can upload? Does this happen on a project/template created with a previous version of Logic? What MIDI hardware do you have connected? Are you running 64-bit compatible drivers with Logic 9.1? Where is this long file list generated? Cheers Rounik
  • Hizegau
    Thanks Rounik for getting back. Here is what is happening: [img]http://zakros.com/screenshots/@context.jpg[/img] Multi-instruments in the library are given a new name: @(=Context Name). They still have the same MIDI assignment, but they are corrupted and don't work properly. These strange instruments just keep multiplying. As you can see in the screen shot, channels 1 - 8 are missing in the right column, the ones I am using from the VSL Omni3 multi. They are now situated over in the left column where they have been named @(=Context Name). Does that make sense? It's all very strange. Thanks, Randall
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Randall, That looks odd. I'm wondering if this a 64-bit glitch. Can you replicate this from scratch in 32-bit mode? Might be worth sending this as feedback to the Logic Development team. Feel free to link back to this thread to show the pic too. [url]http://www.apple.com/feedback/logicpro.html[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Hizegau
    Thanks Rounik! Would you suggest that I rebuild the project and work strictly in 32 bit mode for the time being? If yes, what would be the most efficient way to rebuild the project, since it has over a hundred instruments, multi-instruments, etc. Randall
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Randall, Sure, try re-building it. You can use Logic 9's new feature: Selective Track Import to do this: - I don't know for certain this is a glitch with 64-bit mode, but do try using 32-bit and see if it reoccurs. Close all projects. Create a new project. In The Media Area's Browser navigate to the original Logic project file and select it. At the bottom of the Browser area you'll see the "Import..." button. Click it. Now you can choose which elements, settings, tracks etc you want to import into the current project. Hope that helps! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: