macProVideo.com
Forums
  • ROGUE
    EVOC VOCOD Problem! Need Help Rounik!
    Ok, What I want to to do is take a piece of audio I have previously recorded and import it into an audio track. Take the EVOC and put it on a inst. track. Side chain the Evoc to Track 1 with my audio sample. I have no output for the audio track as I want a pure vocoded effect. So, only sound coming through to output 1/2 is through inst. track with voc. I press a key on my keyboard and it vocodes like normal. Now I want to bounce this down or record it, exactly the way I play it. Not sure now which way to go? See, I want to then take this final sample out of Logic and into another program for something else. How do i go about this, because I have tried it the way I thought logically and it does not pan out for me.
  • JamieInNC
    Re: EVOC VOCOD Problem! Need Help...
    Maybe I'm wrong, but how about bussing the clean audio signal though an aux track that has the vocoder on it. Then you could determine the amount you are sending through that bus from the audio track, and select "no output" on the audio. That way, the aux track would be putting out only the affected sound you want with no dry signal. Also, you might have to bounce in realtime to get the effect to work properly. I know you have to bounce in realtime for automation, so it might be the same for the vocoder as well... Jamie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey! The Vocoder is not a 'live MIDI effect' like the arpegiator, so it doesn't need to be bounced in real-time. Automation too can be bounced offline :) @Rogue, what way did you try to bounce the vocoded section? - First record the MIDI notes onto the Evoc20 track. - If there are other tracks in your project, simply solo both the source audio track and the SI Evoc20 track and choose File > Bounce... (realtime or offline will both work) The resulting audio file will be of the vocoder. :) Rounik
  • ROGUE
    I see, I was trying to record the playing of the vocoder on to the track itself, like a live midi inst. I see now why that does not work. I have to first draw in the notes. So, this is what I did from the start: I have audio track with my voice sample. No output selected for this audio track. Then I have inst. track VOC. I have side chained this to audi rack above. I then press play and touch the keyboard to play the note with which now the original audio gets voc. Now, I want to take this and get it out of logic to use somewhere else. I thought I would now have to recorrd what I am doing to turn it to audio which then can be bounced or exported! SEE, does this make sense to you?
  • Rounik Admin
    Yeah, exactly. You need to have some MIDI notes events to trigger the Vocoder which in turn "triggers" or opens the sound on the sidechained audio track. So simply record your MIDI performance or draw in the notes and then bounce it :) Rounik
  • ROGUE
    Yeah, thanks and good to go!
  • Rounik Admin
    cool! Enjoy Vocoding :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: