macProVideo.com
Forums
  • littlewhitenoise
    Sweet setup...
    Hello Friends, I'm new... I am using an older mbox as my audio interface. I have an MK-149 Evolution midi controller. Some guitars and mics, and I'd like to make awesome world changing music. (I am a full time worship Pastor at a church in Michigan) So i got Logic Pro, and really need help setting it up. I'm on lesson 46 of Core Logic, and while I'm really enjoying the lilting voice of Martin Sitter, and truly appreciate the audio overview and operational basics, I feel like I missed the setup section. First, I'm a guitarist... not a keyboardist, so all of this razz-mo-tazz is super fun, but... I may need the dumber guy section... logic 100.9 perhaps? Could someone point me in the right direction? Most Thankfully, Chris
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Sweet setup...
    Hi Chris! Welcome to the forums! There's many ways to approach learning Logic. One of the best aspects of the tutorials here is you don't need to go through them in a linear fashion if you don't want to. Video 46 is still quite early on, but you can most definitely jump to Section 5&6 on using Apple loops and looping and repeating regions, or Chapter 6 (videos 116-140) on recording for example or Chapter 4 (90-101). There is also a free 'Switchers Guide' designed to bridge the gap between Garageband and Logic that you can watch online: [url]https://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/GBLogic[/url] That may be helpful too. Of course, you can always ask here in the Logic forums for any advice or any questions and we will do our best to help. Thanks! Rounik
  • littlewhitenoise
    Rounik, Thanks so much. The Switcher's Guide Tutorials are super helpful. So I tried my first project today... Quantizing is my friend. I think I'm having issues with latency... I loaded the songwriter template and reduced my buffer to reduce latency, but timing and tune is messed up... it may be that I just suck... but for now i'm gonna blame technology... Any thoughts on how to illiminate my timing issues?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Chris, No problem! There are a few things you can do to help reduce latency: - I/O Buffer Size as you mention. Set to 128 or 64 is usually good enough. - Turn on Low Latency Mode (In the Transport Bar) - Remove any latency inducing plugins (like compressors, limiters, reverbs, EQ) from the master channel strip and/or the channel strip you are recording on to. - Or in Preferences > Audio try turning off software monitoring too. There will always be some latency while recording in computer based audio workstations, but usually it can be minimized so it is barely noticeable. Hope that helps! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: